Frustrated

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Rockclimbinggirl, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am so frustrated with myself. I have been giving in to SH more that usual. I am aware of distractions and I try them yet I keep giving in.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry hun.

The positive thing is that you are still trying! That's very strong.
    Are you more sensitive and pressured than usual? that might be a good reason why. Don't be so hard on yourself, know you are doing your best!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi sweetie,

Do me a favour please? Get a pen and write out the pros and cons of self harm, once you see them on paper you just might realise that the cons greatly outweigh the pros.
    I don't like to see you harming yourself darlin', you know where I am if you need me :)

4. Rockclimbinggirl

I'm not sure. I think it's because the little girl inside of me and I haven't been getting along that well lately.

5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Have you tried to hug her? As in looking into the mirror and hugging yourself, accepting her, that she's there, and be the 'grown up' validating her emotions and the reasons for them?

I know it sounds a little hocus pocus... but it's something I am trying myself... in my case I call it my emotional side, that my logic side has to embrace...

6. Rockclimbinggirl

Why I shouldn't SH
    • more scars
    • it doesn't help in the long run
    • I will feel worst about it later
    • I don't deserve to hurt

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

No, I haven't. But I do try and reassure her and treat her nicely.

MisterBGone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.