Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there were 24/7 computer chat lines instead of phone hotlines. I can't talk on the phone. (And the one time I did call, I couldn't understand the guy who was talking...his accent was very thick and for some reason I have a really hard time understanding accented english.) I've tried Samaritans via email and IMalive, but the people on imalive seem to mean really well but aren't very helpful, and it's only open three hours a day. And of course Samaritans is one or two emails a day - however they are always compassionate.

I don't mean to complain about the services that ARE available. I just wish the world was perfect, I guess. Though in a perfect world I guess no one would need them...

Moat

Banned Member
I can understand where you are coming from, but the fact is that help comes more freely and easily by the phone and not IM services because simply cannot gauge a person's mental state properly by text on a screen. With phones, you are able to hear in a person's voice the level of emotional distress they are in at that moment and so are easily able to provide a better service.
Perhaps the strongest reason I really joined this site was also because I am not at all good on the phone (or indeed talking personally about my own circumstances) and SF is a better way to feel comfortable in talking while still maintaining a great level of anonymity. It is by far perfect, but iit suits my needs, at least, and I am happy with that, which is all that matters, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00