FUBAR (Fck'd Up Beyond All Repair)

tlaud

I am very close to checking out for good. Some may know my story, that I have tried my best to be who I could be after brain surgery to remove a tumor that wasn't there, but it will never happen. All have walked away (family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, church folks). I am not who I could be, and I have lost everyone except my damn shrink. I have tried my best to support my wife who still is drinking and stumbling to run away from her experience in NYC on 9/11 followed by abuse from her ex. It was her birthday yesterday, and she has been drunk since Friday. Damn! This is all FUBAR (Fck'd Up Beyond All Repair), and my tank is empty.

tlaud

It looks like nobody has anything to say, so it may be time for me to go. I guess it's the same shit, but different day.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
@tlaud it seems to have been a bit slow around here today. I'm sorry nobody has been by to respond to you yet. It sounds like both you and your wife are going through a very difficult time right now. It's hard when the people in your life walk away for one reason or another. You are left alone and feel like you have nowhere to turn. Is there any way you can recharge? Get yourself a bit of a mental break? I have a hobby I find helpful for that. I hope you stick around.

Daphna

Ninja of light
I am very close to checking out for good. Some may know my story, that I have tried my best to be who I could be after brain surgery to remove a tumor that wasn't there, but it will never happen. All have walked away (family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, church folks). I am not who I could be, and I have lost everyone except my damn shrink. I have tried my best to support my wife who still is drinking and stumbling to run away from her experience in NYC on 9/11 followed by abuse from her ex. It was her birthday yesterday, and she has been drunk since Friday. Damn! This is all FUBAR (Fck'd Up Beyond All Repair), and my tank is empty.
You may not be who you used to be, but you can reinvent who you want to be. Your wife must be dealing with some heavy trauma. Praying for her. Praying for you too. It’s tough to watch people leave you. There are still new people to take their place though.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
It looks like nobody has anything to say, so it may be time for me to go. I guess it's the same shit, but different day.
Sometimes it takes longer than a couple of hours for people to reply to a thread. When you need more immediate help, it's often best to go to chat.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
It really doesn't sound easy @tlaud. I've never heard of the expression FUBAR, but it did make me lol. Thanks for that.

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress and anguish. I know that you can't cure people's addictions having seen that firsthand grown-up.

I hope that you don't succumb to those thoughts because they can be so strong. You do sound like a strong person for all that you've dealt with despite how you're feeling right now and I hope to connect with you more here.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
@tlaud I think that its slower here in the summer than in the winter months. I feel you though that sometimes it's not always easy to get the support that one so desperately needs. I've heard this before. I know that everyone does their best. Stay safe and keep posting. We care about you and all the members, that's the truth

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that things are so bad for you right now. and those thoughts can be strong sometimes so you have to fight them harder. if you want to talk feel free to inbox me...mike...*hug*brohug

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I would say stick around. Sometimes It does take time to view things and I know that even when I get on I am not on all the time and yesterday I took a break from all things internet.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00