Fuck i'm fat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Matt93, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

So I started college, what 4 months ago?
    I've put on two stone during that time period, I'm upto 14 stone 8 pounds, and I'm aware that's not a greatly large weight, but it's upsetting.
    I'm aware that I don't actually have any eating disorders as such, I just comfort eat, a lot.
    I'm too overweight for my liking, my aim is to be 11 stone by the end of the year. Any tips on losing the weight?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just exercise smaller meals and don't eat anything after 8pm eat healthy snacks fruits Join a gym if you can or go to the one at the school hugs wish you luck :hugtackles:
  3. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Thanks Total Eclipse.
    I'm halving portions from now on. There's going to be no fizzy pop, I'm going to exercise daily. My school doesn't have a gym and I cannot afford to join a gym. However, we have a treadmill here at home, and I have a weights set. So the exercise part should be easy.
  4. total eclipse

Hey i find going for a walk just before heading to bed helps too it burns off some more calories before sleeping I too am trying to loose weight as my blood pressure too high these days. hugs let me know how you do okay
  5. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

I'll document my progress in my Diary in the Let It Out Section weekly.
    Let me know how you're doing too. It'd be nice to see how someone else is doing too, might make losing weight easier for me :)
  6. total eclipse

sounds okay with me i will try to follow okay hugs
  7. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

I've lost quite a bit of weight myself these past several months. To me getting the mental part right has made it pretty easy. You can't knock off all the weight tomorrow, but you can become a healthy person tomorrow. If you have an image of yourself as a healthy person, you will do the things that you need to do to be healthy. And the weight won't come back later, because you will still have your healthy mental image.

My first suggestion is to start with something easy everyday that allows you to tell yourself, "I'm a healthy person now." My second suggestion is don't feel guilty if you miss a day of exercising or eat more than you wanted to. Do healthy people never miss a workout? No. They miss workouts too. But they usually make their regular workout. Do people that are at their ideal weight never eat big meals? They eat big meals sometimes too. But they usually eat appropriate helpings of the right things.

As far as the practical stuff, I think that's easy if you have the right mindset. I use the not eating after a certain time (9 PM for me) and staying away from carbonated beverages rules that have been mentioned in this thread already. I don't really set a limit on how much I eat or anything. I've broken every rule I have except the carbonated beverage rule at least once in the past four months. But for the most part I stick to it.

Anyway, best of luck with everything and have fun.
  8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No food three hours before sleep.

Exercise (a 45-minute walk is fine or whatever physical activity you choose) in the morning right out of bed and on an empty stomach (better than exercising and having it all wasted burning calories you just ate, you'd instead burn actual excess and stored fat).

Lift some weights at least 3 times a week.

No soda, extremely limited artificial and refined sugars, junk food, etc. Even juices you have to read the ingredients label carefully to be certain it is 100% juice, as in straight from the fruit, and not sugared-down water and "flavors".

Don't think about it when you wake up, just do it.

Eat smaller portions (with more proteins like egg whites, tuna, fish, chicken) at least 5 times a day. It's not so much of how much you eat, but what you eat that matters more though (you can't eat enough apples for them to be bad for you).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  9. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the tips guys, it means a lot to me. I'll be sure to do my best to stick to my plans, and take in all this advice :)
  10. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hey I found this article on eating disorders, thought it may help, take care. You do not sound fat that seems average how tall are you in height?

Take care :hug: x
  11. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Young Violet

I am 6 foot 2, I've worked out my BMI, and it states I am overweight. My legs aren't fatty, my arms aren't fatty, above my shoulders is not fatty. They are quite frankly muscular. Everything goes to my abdomen
  12. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Matt. If you're accumulating fat around your abdomen, it could be caused by excess cortisol hormone, which is caused by excessive stress. It's weird to think that stress can actually cause someone to put on weight, but it's true. Try hitting the gym and eating good protein and whole wheat carbs too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.