Fuck it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Autumn01, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I just want to end my life. I can't deal with my damn mom anymore. I swear she lives to upset me. Everything is to much. I can't do it anymore- dealing with her and living with her. I can't do it. Fuck it. Unfortunately I atleast have to wait til I get my car back which isn't till Friday or perhaps Monday. :(

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Is there any way that you could get a way for a little bit? Some place to crash and take a little break--a time out from your Mom? Allow your self to cool down and reset your emotions (which are obviously running quite high, that is, on overdrive?). This may help you to see things more clearly and think with a distraction-free mind.

3. kote

kote Account Closed

get your hands on a cheap tent and explore the mountains and have your own mini break.

i know its a thing which i do when things get too much for me here.

i run off to the mountains with a few good books and relax. knowing no one will disturb me.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

If you're a minor, then running away is more than likely not an answer or solution. As I recall, your issue involved your mother becoming upset due to name calling. Perhaps look for a way to find some middle ground with mom, refrain from calling her something when you want to and instead look for ways to compromise situations, appease her whims so that you can avoid conflict, and spend more time engrossed in your own interests/activities. Visit out with friends more, go spend idle time in the library or the park, obtain a job that keeps you out of the house, and etc. Once you become the legal age to move out from underneath her roof, jump at the opportunity. If you prepare for that now, the transition (work, income, etc.) will become that much easier.

Don't let someone else determine your situation and your feelings and your future. You are the master of your own destiny.

5. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

He's right. The huge advantage you have that you are not seeing is that you know exactly when your situation changes - even without dying. Set up a countdown timer til your 18th birthday. If you're running windows you can use a ready made program (available from CNet - a reputable source. The time may seem long, but being able to watch the number tick over and get smaller and smaller helps keep it from being endless.
    pick also makes some other good points. We cannot always control the stressors in our lives, but we can control, change, divert how we deal with them. As long as we are alive.
    Don't let your mother or anyone else control whether you live or die.

6. Autumn01

No, there is no way that I could get away for a bit.

7. Autumn01

Not a minor- early 30's.

8. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Rather than ending your life because you don't get along with your mother, it might be more beneficial long-term to make plans to move out of her home. I couldn't wait to get out of my parents house (not that I had any major issue with them at the time, but because I didn't want to live by their terms and rules). Independence is a wonderful thing and it removes a lot of stress, such as that which you seem to be having with your mom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.