Fuck religion

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Nyu, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

i hate god. i hate people that believe in god, i hate people that preach about god. in fact, im just so fucking sick of religion, i just want to strangle everyone that believes in him. i fucking hate religious people. i dont even care if i sound like a selfish bitch. i fucking hate it!!!!! dont fucking talk to me about god. he doesnt fucking exist!!! and if he does. i still fucking hate himmm!!!!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

sorry, didnt mean to ofend anyone.. i shouldnt have posted that..
  3. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I think people have posted worse rants :wink: I don't like religion either, but I hope you don't feel that way about all the members of religion, just the concept itself.
  4. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I think religion is one of the biggest tragedies to ever happen to the human race. So many lives have been wasted, corrupted and dominated by fear.
    And I hate the way people think, 'well at least it encourages you to be a good person'. Surely it's better to be a good person and kind to others just because you feel it's right, rather than to get some amazing reward at the end for doing so?
    It's brainwashing, it controls you by fear of going to hell.....and its a mindset thats almost impossible to fully get rid of...I'm an atheist now but I still struggle with the lies that were pressed into me in my catholic childhood....I was told that even thinking bad thoughts was a sin.
    I actually feel terribly sorry for religious people. But also very angry that they're so weak, and that they look down on or pity atheists.
  5. ItThing

Anti religious messages are just as bad as anti atheism in my opinion. I believe that religion is neither good or bad; it gives people's lives rules and structure, almost a sort of meaning, and definitely an explanation, a truth. It also gives their leaders unfair power and influence. We want to be free of that, we don't want scripts for our lives. But religious people get to live without the constant struggle WE face; we debate about every moral issue, we fight against every widely accepted concept, and we search endlessly for truth, never really finding it. Their lives are passive, but they aren't risky, and that DOES make sense. I'm sorry, but I just can't see how any of us have the right to judge the other side's life style as inferior. And if you don't like it that they all want you to join their religion, tell me, how is your ranting any better? There will always be an argument between those who accept and those who question, why should you make a big deal out of it? Because you don't like a few members of the other camp? Give me a break.
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I was religious for a few years....it was awful. Everytime I had a supposed 'sinful ' thought, I had to quickly erase it, god was listening and watching all the time (what I had been told). It took incredible willpower to just let myself think....I wasn't allowed to debate the positive/negative aspects of religion because I thought I would go to hell. And I was told to live everyday as my last, I could die anytime, and say if I had been religious my whole life, then decided I didn't believe one day, I could be killed that same day, and I would go to hell. It's mind control, you aren't allowed to think....you're just so terrified all the time.

Religious people are scared. So scared. I feel so desperately sorry for them, genuinely, because I know what it's like. It's not their fault...they've been fed these views that are designed to take control of them.

I believe in individuality. Living for your own beliefs, morals. Doing something good just for the good deed, not for a reward.

And by the way, I don't see what's wrong with the 'constant struggle' you described. I want to debate, to think, to learn, to go on a journey of discovery, even if we never find the answer. I think that everyone should... to try and find out the truth, to disprove lies, deception, control.....the truth is more beautiful and freeing a concept that heaven will ever be.

I think it's important for me to rant, because I believ there are others out there who are going through the same agony as I was a few years ago...just wanting to escape but to scared or confused to. Maybe someone will see this and theyll identify with it. Or maybe it will make a religious person think a little. But anyway, I'm allowed to state my opinion.
  7. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Well said!
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

What has God done to you that causes you to hate him so much? :smile:
  9. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

He does exist. And you shouldn't hate him, because he doesn't listen to anyone. He hates us all.

And the god you're talking about isn't the real god hun. He's the fake one, in heaven.

10. ItThing

Nothing wrong with individuality! I HATE people, and no I don't believe in god either, but that's just us, and some people just tend to accept, that's their nature, and I don't think that there's anything wrong with that either. I am not trying to debate whether religion is good or bad, I'm just making the point that you may hate them, but they hate you too. You want to change them, and they of course want to change you too. Who's better? I don't know, how can you? Rant all you want, though, if you're sure of what you say.
  11. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

eke, i was hoping this wouldnt turn into a religious discussion...

and i dont necessarily hate god, since i dont believe in him in the first place. i just hate how religion seems to cause alot of problems in the world, and how some people use their religion as a way to make themselves out to be superior, thats all.

12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

This is so true. But it's a positive thing. Whether you say he loves us all, or he hates us all, either way, we're all in this together, and we are not alone.
  13. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

good point =)
  14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I hate this too. Religion can be used in warped ways and can cause a lot of bloodshed. :sad:
  15. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I hate God, sometimes.
  16. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

Considering I'm an atheist, when I see churches and such, it's almost like it is medieval times again. If these backwards dogmatic religions never existed, I'd reckon technology would be more advanced today and society would be a more fair one and would learn alot from many mistakes.

The most important thing for individuals is to define their own belief-system and not any blind faith forced upon by another who may be demanding it. No one is born in debt. I've met nuisance people when I was in town shopping and pretended to them that I'm interested converting to Christianity and will attend church, but of course I only do this to cut the conversation short with these people to get rid of them sooner.

Don't ever believe a man with a long white beard with a King's crown floating in the clouds with a stern look throwing down a piece of paper with the ten commandments written on it.
  17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter