Fuck Sake.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Aimee_in_Wonderland, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

Can much more go wrong this month?
    On My way to work on Thursday it was basically pissing it down all day.
    i have to drive through country lanes to get to work and when its been raining or is raining you shouldnt really do more than 30mph because normally id race down there at about 50mph but i was going slow its bendy and some stupid idiot over takes me on one of the bends and splashes through a huge puddle which smothers both his and my car...

He Suddenly Cuts Back In Slams Down On the Breaks. So i have no choice but to do the same thing.. my car skids out across the road does and complete 360 turns and flips up on the back and then rolls over....

Now. I drive a KA... its pretty much a plastic tin can.
    The damnage on my car is amazing.
    its not dented in one place.. its all paint damnage near enough and apart from the the crunched up bumper which i can get replaced via my connections with SMC Ford.

But Still..
    That Prat Could Have Killed Me. which i probly wouldnt have minded.
    And Heaven Forbid If It Has Been Someone elses Who had children In The Car...

Makes You Wonder What On Earth That Guy Was thinking over taking on a Bend. In The Rain When The Roads Are Completely flooded...
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I had the pleasure of seeing your roads with all the bends and blind corners when I was in England for a visit. My hair is still standing on end!!! And it completely baffled and amazed me that I wasnt seeing accidents at almost ever curve. Your roads tend to be quite narrow too not leaving much room to manuver through such an event as yours.

I'm glad to hear the damage was only to your vehicle and that you're ok. I really believe some people just have the right connections at the licensing departments or are able to "buy" their permits!!! I hope he atleast stopped to help and didnt just take off not even aware of what he had done!!! If the asses would take a second to think that one of their family members could be out driving on that same road as them, maybe they would drive a little smarter. But almost guarantee you, according to him, he did nothing wrong.

Again, so glad to hear you're ok and the only damage was repairable and not to you!!!

I used to love when a male would complain about a female driver. My usual response was.... "chances are she was taught by a male!!!! (lol)
  3. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Yeah He Did stop.
    but of course it wasnt his "Fault" it was the puddles and the wet road that caused it

i admit hands down i speed down these lanes when the road is dry and i can actually see.
  4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I am sorry for what happened, and am happy that you wasn't harmed.

However, I strongly disagree with people who speed like that. What if someone you cared about was hit because a car was going 20pmh over the speed limit on a road, and ended up dying? You'd hate it, anyone would. So how can you speed down the road knowing that if someone hit someone you care about in your position, it would kill you to lose them? I was really lucky when I got hit by people speeding, others aren't as lucky. Think about what the hell you're doing before you speed down a road. Maybe this was a lesson to teach you what could happen one day if you keep this up? I don't know. Just think before you take someone elses life.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I live in the country and its all dirt and gravel road to any major highway. So understand the conditions get worse when it's shit weather. But then changing your driving habits to the conditions is beyond some people's realm of understanding!!! I usually have atleast one of my kids with me when I travel so yeah, scares me to death when I see someone else being an idiot on the road. My kids are at risk!!!

Yeah me too, belong to the speed club. On good conditions I do about 120km (think that's about 75 or 80mph?) But on bad roads, I adjust to the conditions. These are country roads and very rarely anyone else travelling them. If there is someone else, I drop the speed immediately!!! Not that hard to do... duh.
  6. Aimee_in_Wonderland

the road is actually 50mph speed limit and for about 2 mins it drops to a 30mph and goes back to 50.
  7. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Ah apologies, I did not know that. I was under the impression of the roads being 30mph speed limit.
    Still, if you don't already, you really should slow down on the 30 mph road slips. You could cause serious damage to a family if they lose someone.