fuck...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by John6491, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John6491

John6491 Well-Known Member

Well i really am suicidal right now... found out that i failed like 3 classes in school and my parents keep telling me im a fucking failure. I don't know why i should keep living. There is nothing to hold onto and things wont get better dont tell me that it fucking will. I hate my life and no one wants me around... i would be better of dead. Fuck everything....

2. Syd

Syd Guest

Fuck school. My parents did the same thing to me for years, no one knew I had NVLD and needed a completely different learning style. I wasn't diagnosed until age 18. I left school senior year and it felt great. I should've got a GED and headed straight to college even sooner than I did.

Public schools are poorly designed, they expect everyone to fit into the same curriculums, social structure, and learning styles. The fact is that everyone is different, and learns in their own ways. Public school only benefits people who fit this "norm" that all children are expected to conform to.

Take a break from classes, and just study for the GED test when you're ready. It's easier to pass than you think. One thing though, you might want to take SAT test before that, as it will allow you to get into plenty of decent schools if you score well. Try not to worry about it right now, and just enjoy the summer with your friends.

Life is too short to be stressed over this junk. People will try to tell you that school is important, but it's bullshit. There are a million other alternatives than an academic route. One of my friends makes 80k annually (co-owns a business) and he left school at age 14 and started working on his own, doing something he enjoys.

Focus on the career you want, that's all that matters. You can get involved in an internship somewhere and they may offer you a full time job if you perform well for a year. Enjoy your summer, you're doing fine, no matter what anyone else says. Have fun being a teenager.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

John with all you have been through the past few months i am not surprised school was not your main focus so things didn't go well. Will they allow you to make up the classes in anyway. Some schools offer summer sessions, some allow you to take a test based on the material covered and if you can pass get credit. Go in and talk to your guidance counselor, maybe they can help you. It all depends on what direction you want to go. Don't let your parents make you feel like you are a failure because you aren't. As was mentioned there is the GED also. Lots of options to choose from. Find which are available to you and the ones you are most comfortable with. Take care John. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I won't tell you things will get better because only you can make them better. You ahve to want them to get better. Go to summer schoola nd retake those classes. I had to do that when I was in high school...i hated it but I did it.

I'm sorry you feel so down....I hope you feel better soon. Here if you need ot talk

5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

school sucked. i dropped out and got my ged. never went any further than that though. i'm not going to tell you everuthing is going to get better. but tyr to deal with it the best you can. we're here to help in any way w can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.