Fuck.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sharksinthemoat, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So my mom saw the cuts on my stomach today. And she freaked. She looked at me like I was some weird creature. Luckily she didn't see my arm. Anyways,
    She told me that she would have to check my body every day to make sure there were no new cuts. I don't know what I'm going to do...I can't just STOP cutting altogether. What do I do?

Also, I feel really selfish. Selfish for not hiding my scars and cuts better. Selfish for doing this to my parents. Selfish for not being careful.

2. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

Don't feel selfish. When my mum saw mine she just asked why. Have you tried explaining to her about why you do it?

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel selfish, you've done nothing wrong here. Remember that your mother may see your SH as a failing on her part, which might manifest itself in anger. This is normal - I mean, imagine how you would feel if you found out that your child was harming themselves? Pretty bad, right?

But do try to explain it to her, because if you are going to stop, you will need support. And now that she knows, she can't ignore it anymore. Try to explain that you feel that it's something you need to do, and how her behaviour will affect it (i.e. if she keeps freaking out, it'll stress you out, making you want to cut even more). Tell her that you want to stop (whether you do or not, tell her anyway because it'll make her feel better and she might get off your case a bit) and try to explain how she can help you. If you can, explain how her checking you over every day makes you feel.

I hope you are able to talk to her and help her understand. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Mim

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree with everyone you need to open up and talk to your mom abut how you are feeling and why you are doing what you are doing. You need professional help to stop so get your mom to get you a psychologist a therapist okay to help you cope with your pain in a different way hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.