Fucking cowboys

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ok so my landlord is part of a big as housing association who run 60% of the social housing in london. Because they are so big and they are in it for the money all their trades people they employ are for the vast majority eastern european. I have a severe problem with this. We in the UK have to remain in college for 2 years for the knowledge part of our qualification, then another 2 years working so we have the experience and then we can call ourselves electricians. They on thee other hand do a 5 day part p course and they think thats all they need.

Well i found out the extent of their fucking knowledge last night. I had no hot water, i still have no hot water and bear in mind its minus 3 outside because its snowing. So i got my test meters out and investigated. Opened up the caps on my hot water cylinder, looked at my thermostats and was shocked.

Let me explain in laymans terms what i saw. Normally when you look at terminated cable you expect to see no metal showing. That means all you should see is the plastic. What i saw was about 2 inches showing, thats 5cm. Its 5cm of cable with no plastic on it. But thats not all. It was so bad that it had actually fused itself to the thermostat. Basically it had set fire to the thermostat at some point. But it wasnt just one, it was both of them.

So yeah i got the hump because i gotta go and buy 2 thermpostats now and they aint exactly cheap, but i dont care because no way am i gonna let anyone that my landlord sends go anywhere near it. Im gonna get my tutor from college to sign it off and certify it as well. Fucking jokers, im not impressed

2. Kaos General

Now i have just had a phone call off the police saying because im on this prolific offender crap i should've told them i am on a electronic tag and they are now considering whether to take me back to court or not. My day just keeps getting better

3. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

The police are fucking useless, I have been aunfairly treated by them in the past. I don't subscribe to this bullshit that they have a hard job, because they don't, they are just fascist twats who enforce the law if it suits them. Did you watch the documentary 'coppers' last night? These twats were saying how justiofied they are at striking out at protestors and such. I have zero confidence in the cops, if I saw one lying on the floor dying, I wiould piss in his face.

Also you are dead right about eastern european plumbers, their was a piece in the daily mail a couple of months back about the quality of their work.

4. Kaos General

Its not just plumbers, its electricians, brickies, labourers the lot.

To top it off ive now been banned from B&Q all because of some rude wanker who spoke to me like she was alan sugar.

Ive never called the police to sort out anything in my life, they hate me and the feeling is mutual. The only time they ever see me is when they are arresting me on some bullshit charge or theyre sending me back to jail

5. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

Geez, I thought the quality of service we got in the States was because of our lazy greedy capitalistic society, but I see that it's much larger than that. It's people the world over apparently. There are a lot of bad cops over here too, but there are a few good ones left. Unfortunately, they have no choice but to hire from the same gene pool that turns out those useless landlords and utility repair people........

6. Kaos General

We have the exact same society over here as well. Fact is they do have a choice. They can chose to hire british people with qualifications that actually require hard work to obtain or hire people who have no clue what they are doing but get away with it because they are so cheap.

You see i can see a problem. These same cowboys that produce sub standard work are currently working on our olympic stadium and olympic village. 35000 workers of which at best 7000 are british. Who do you think will get the blame when it fucks up? Because apparantly its 90% local trades people working there and the general public assumes they are english. Fact is all they have to do to be classed as local is live in the area. So yeah im pissed off.

Think of it this way, what would poland and romania etc. do if we all emigrated their for jobs? Would they stand for it like we are expected to?

7. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

*sigh* Yeah, we put people we think we can trust in a position to make a difference, and then they get taken in by those who find it easier to just take the path of least resistance and cash the checks. Sucks ass.