fucking geeks

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Mozilla ripped me off by breaking my bookmarks where I had a lot of important information. Isn't technology wonderful? Especially when it reconfigures or upgrades your settings and you don't have any choice in the matter. Somebody please stop encouraging these fucking tech geeks to take over the fucking world. Their brains really are ugly and mean shit to me.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Yeah, I hate the new firefox setup too. The older one was better.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The same thing happened to me last week, Im still annoyed about it, I had a lot of useful sites saved.

4. adam_a

adam_a New Member

I always thought you had to pay for something to be ripped off. Silly me, it a browser man, make backups, "geeks" do all the time.

Fail

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

My favourites are still in my favourites folder after the update. Did you guys lose all your favourite websites?

6. Petal

I lost all mine.:dry:

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry to hear that. :hug:

8. onenineteen

onenineteen Antiquities Friend

Daisy I recommend you use a social site like del.icio.us. I keep all my bookmarks there and now I don't have to worry about accessing them. I keep work-related bookmarks there and 'do not share' so they are private. It's my homepage and I have a FF plugin.

9. Petal

Thank you:smile: It sounds good :) I will check it out! x

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I didn't loose any of mine when I upgraded. Things work a little differently now though and i don't think I like it. :(

11. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

I didn't loose any and for one i like this new set-up. Bookmarking's just one click away now + it's way easier to find a site you were looking for and couldn't remember which (happens to me alot).

P.S.: if it weren't for these "tech geeks" as you so wrongfully call them, you wouldn't have been chatting over here. Also i'm about to become a programmer as well, does that make me the same?

12. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

i dont use FF...am i wrong?

13. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yes. You've crossed over to the other side. Work on the soul, not the chip. Give people hands, not wires.:tongue:

14. Ozibuna

You use tech how you want;) that's the beauty of it, all you gotta do is be creative ;)

15. Ozibuna

Hehe not at all. You just have to be extra carefull that's all. I found that IE has way too many exploits (don't know about the newest version but don't care much for it)

16. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

They claim that it is essnetial for a everyday life and help to make a our lives easier but all that those tech geeks do is make is a good case of hemroids.

17. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I hate the tech geeks that spend their lives trying to creat viruses and spyware to infect my computers. One of my computers had like 10 different viruses and spywares which I found and removed when I installed BitDefender.

18. Ozibuna

Actually we need those people. You can view them as beta testers as their job is to find and exploit faults in a system. Granted they do it in a very ugly way, but they do their part for our own evolution. Prevention is the best weapon, but you can't prevent yourself from something you don't know nothing about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.