Fucking math

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by aimlessdrifter, Jun 28, 2012.

1. aimlessdrifter

aimlessdrifter Well-Known Member

I have an exam coming up in 10 days.It's a job-related exam.I'm trying to push myself hard to study for the exam.I got fed up within 2 days.I think I'm not capable for this exam.There is no motivation left in me. :dead:

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

If you come at it with a defeated attitude then you will fail.
    Take a deep breath, get someone on board to help and knuckle down.
    I was told by my chemistry teacher that hell would freeze over before I'd ever pass a chemistry exam, I took it on board and failed.
    Years later I had to get my A level in chemistry ARRGH! had a wonderful teacher, put my head down and studied like a loon, got a dsitinction in my A level :biggrin:

What math is it you are struggling with?

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Only way to guarantee failure is to not try.

Could you fail even trying? Of course.

Could you pass? Just as if not more likely.

Need self confidence.

4. aimlessdrifter

The whole math syllabus, specially Geometry! Thanks for the advice.

5. aimlessdrifter

Hmm, good points.Thanks.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

7. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Do they have a very good study guide for the exam? Are there practice tests available? Is there anybody there who can help you study? If not, do you know anyone that might be able to tutor you? The best thing to do, is to try not to worry about the end result, and the vast amount of material as a whole that you'll need to know, but rather, one individual problem or concept at a time. The more reps/problems/practice that you can get, the more comfortable you will become with the mathematics. It just takes time and patience and help (if you get stuck somewhere). Good Luck!:)

8. aimlessdrifter

Thank you :)