1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fucking stigma

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by bhawk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Just been informed by my ex that having a child due in a few months im now being investigated by social services because i have schizoid personality disorder, or as they put it to my ex "mental"
    I have been stable for quite a while and made one hell of a recovery and im finally back on track yet still they treat me like a social pariah because of social stigma about mental health.
    Its a fucking piss take!

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hiya Ben. I hope the investigation does not lead to any actions taken. Best of luck.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I bet you are on medication and everything. I don't get it... it's not like you are going to harm the child.

I don't get it either. I have also become somewhat of a pariah. To everyone around me. I hate the stigma too... but until everyonee gets educated, we are the ones that have to deal with it.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, bhawk. :hug: I'm sorry you're running into that. I long for the day when society as a whole is educated and enlightened! (Some places do better than others.)

Perhaps you and your T or pdoc could work out a short statement that emphasizes your recovery and support networks if social services makes trouble for you.

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Funnily enough im on meds, stable and working on improving my life constantly.
    She has mental health issues, frequent psychosis and a debilitating illness, smokes drugs and lives in a shithole yet its me getting investigated. It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Im just livid with everything thats going on.
    Its a good idea to get a statement from my pdoc, ill do that next friday, cheers

6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Cheers! Keep us posted.