Fucking stigma

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by bhawk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Just been informed by my ex that having a child due in a few months im now being investigated by social services because i have schizoid personality disorder, or as they put it to my ex "mental"
    I have been stable for quite a while and made one hell of a recovery and im finally back on track yet still they treat me like a social pariah because of social stigma about mental health.
    Its a fucking piss take!

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hiya Ben. I hope the investigation does not lead to any actions taken. Best of luck.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I bet you are on medication and everything. I don't get it... it's not like you are going to harm the child.

I don't get it either. I have also become somewhat of a pariah. To everyone around me. I hate the stigma too... but until everyonee gets educated, we are the ones that have to deal with it.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, bhawk. :hug: I'm sorry you're running into that. I long for the day when society as a whole is educated and enlightened! (Some places do better than others.)

Perhaps you and your T or pdoc could work out a short statement that emphasizes your recovery and support networks if social services makes trouble for you.

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Funnily enough im on meds, stable and working on improving my life constantly.
    She has mental health issues, frequent psychosis and a debilitating illness, smokes drugs and lives in a shithole yet its me getting investigated. It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Im just livid with everything thats going on.
    Its a good idea to get a statement from my pdoc, ill do that next friday, cheers

6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Cheers! Keep us posted.