fucking up in school again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleach

Well my sixth year in college and youd think I would actually learn something by now... but once again I am on the verge of failing in multiple classes, squandering time when i should be studying, and not being able to concentrate even when i do study. Every time I sit down to read or write something it seems hopelessly complex. It seems like even people that are stupid or drink four nights a week can graduate college, but yet I cant. I guess that makes me even worse than they are. Should have dropped out a long time ago. I picked a major that I no longer have any interest in and a field that I will never work in, but I stick with it just because its almost over.. though at this rate I am only going to fail more classes, fall further behind. I feel like a fucking imbecile and a loser, and I know my family looks at me the same way.

I would have been better off never going, its been nothing but a waste of time and money. I havent made a single friend in college that i have been able to hold on to for more than a year, and at this point dont have any. Have not met a single girl in these 6 years who has been attracted in me, or who I have the courage to ask out. Ive accomplished nothing, learned nothing, and have no one to blame but myself. Even writing this rant makes me a worse person, there are plenty of people that have never had these opportunities that I have had and wasted. Im the most worthless person I know without exception. I wish I owned a gun or knew anything about them, because Im not scared to try and kill myself any other way. At least pulling a trigger wouldnt require much courage, but Ive never used a gun before and would probably fuck it up somehow.

savetoniqht

:no: :sad: You should not have dropped out, it's great that you're still going at it even if it's taking a couple extra tries. Don't give up... if you give up, you'll never know what could have happened if you had kept pushing for it. Just keep trying... eventually all your hard work will pay off. :hug:

sudut

Well my sixth year in college and youd think I would actually learn something by now... but once again I am on the verge of failing in multiple classes, squandering time when i should be studying, and not being able to concentrate even when i do study. Every time I sit down to read or write something it seems hopelessly complex. It seems like even people that are stupid or drink four nights a week can graduate college, but yet I cant. I guess that makes me even worse than they are. Should have dropped out a long time ago. I picked a major that I no longer have any interest in and a field that I will never work in, but I stick with it just because its almost over.. though at this rate I am only going to fail more classes, fall further behind. I feel like a fucking imbecile and a loser, and I know my family looks at me the same way.

I would have been better off never going, its been nothing but a waste of time and money. I havent made a single friend in college that i have been able to hold on to for more than a year, and at this point dont have any. Have not met a single girl in these 6 years who has been attracted in me, or who I have the courage to ask out. Ive accomplished nothing, learned nothing, and have no one to blame but myself. Even writing this rant makes me a worse person, there are plenty of people that have never had these opportunities that I have had and wasted. Im the most worthless person I know without exception. I wish I owned a gun or knew anything about them, because Im not scared to try and kill myself any other way. At least pulling a trigger wouldnt require much courage, but Ive never used a gun before and would probably fuck it up somehow.
remember the only way to cure social phobia is to accept that the feelings of being anxious around people as normal emotions inherent in all humans, with varying degrees. the only way to get around this is to put yourself around others and experience that discomfort(which eventually passes away as time heals all wounds). yes face your fears. eventually, you will discover that practice makes perfect and you are nolonger scared and nervous. the only way to learn how to swim is to dive into the water. not to read a manual.
get ready to scared to death, but act anyways. life is an adventure, otherwise it would be very boring!

bleach

remember the only way to cure social phobia is to accept that the feelings of being anxious around people as normal emotions inherent in all humans, with varying degrees. the only way to get around this is to put yourself around others and experience that discomfort(which eventually passes away as time heals all wounds). yes face your fears. eventually, you will discover that practice makes perfect and you are nolonger scared and nervous. the only way to learn how to swim is to dive into the water. not to read a manual.
get ready to scared to death, but act anyways. life is an adventure, otherwise it would be very boring!
thanks for th advice, youre probably right. i hope i can turn it around somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00