full intro from kittyD

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kittyD, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Hi all. i'm at a loss as how to make this intro short but informative about me, now. Basics I guess. I am 51, have suffered from clinical depression for almost 20 years, been on and off meds in that time. Suicide has always been option xyz for me, in that its never been thought of as a shocker for others or payback, just the next viable option. right now I'm in a downswing and because I've isolated myself, I thought this forum would be a good choice. I have teenagers, boy 17 who lives with his dad a few miles away and a 14 yr old daughter with me who I think is starting her own depressive state. thanks for all the welcomes and I'll be checking out the different areas to find where I fit best. kD

2. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

welcome. I hope this site will help you when you need it

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:

4. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're feeling down and hope this forum helps you. I just wanted to say that the most important thing for a teen is to know they are loved nomatter what. It's difficult to get into their heads, it's just that teens who start avoiding their parents might be afraid of their parent's disapproval. It's hard to explain when you're depressed.

5. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF kittyD! I hope you can find the help and support you need in our little community. Everyone here is so understanding, feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. *huggles*

Caroline

6. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF kittyD. I am sorry to hear about your struggles with depression. I am a mother of 4 and suspect one of my children may be afflicted as well. I would suggest getting them help as soon as possible and maybe help curb the crippling effects it can have at an early stage. It is difficult enough to fight it yourself, let alone help a loved one struggle through and offer them the support you know they need. I hope this forum provides you with a place you feel safe to come and air what is on your mind. we will do our best to support you. :hug:

8. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome kitty

i hope we can help hun

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF

10. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

Welcome to Suicide Forum. I hope you find this site welcoming and supportive as I do. Take care, hun.:hug: jlc20m

11. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!

I hope we will be able to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.