Fun Friday

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by brknsilence, Jul 29, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I created this kind of day for my kids, because I been thinking how things have been so serious and wanted to create a day of just fun and games, laughter and joy.

I been really trying to get back into doing this for my kids. We been off on being consistent with things and things feels so out of control. This week, I been really trying my best to get things more consistent. Still working on it. May take awhile but will keep trying.

Day just started and hoping to play some board games and other games that seems educational. Hoping my kids and myself will have fun and enjoy the day doing so.
    Jenumbra, SinisterKid and iam like this.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Sounds like fun :) Enjoy the games :D
    iam and brknsilence like this.
  3. brknsilence

Will try. Hoping the kids don't fight.
  4. brknsilence

Spoke too soon. The arguing just started :(
  5. iam

iam SF Supporter

6. brknsilence

Things settling down. Will try to get things going right with the kids. So tired but will try to have fun as well
    iam likes this.
  7. Louise K

Louise K Active Member

Yes I agree: TFIF :)
    brknsilence likes this.
  8. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Do you ever get the feeling that maybe the kids feed off your feelings/emotions? They sense your anxious which makes them anxious and then the fighting/arguing starts? Kids can be very sensitive to our feelings/emotions.

Its a great thing you are trying to do though, children need to have fun and playing some games with them is a good way of getting them to do that. Keep at it, try not to give up if they fight, even though I know thats the easy thing to do.
    brknsilence likes this.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Are ye still doing this ''fun friday'' every week hun? How is it going? Fun and educational?:)
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    brknsilence likes this.
  10. brknsilence

Need to do better on it. Still on my mind to do so. Stuff keeps coming up (unplanned) & I hate disappointing the kids we haven't been able to do much on it. But hoping soon we will get back on track. This week has been completely thrown off.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good luck. Maybe puzzles, lego,map of the world, play countries of the world...first letter beginning with etc... sounds fun. Wish I had kids to play with.
    brknsilence likes this.
  12. brknsilence

Sounds good :) may try that