Fundimentals of slashing ones wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkdrops

Warning: Discussion of suicide attempting. (just to be careful)

Ok its kinda a sick question but I just wanted to know what really happens when someone actually slashes there wrist. I was told its literally a case of blood squirting out exessivley like something out of some kind of grusome horror flick which would seem likely bieng its a main artery then you eventually pass out from blood loss then die shortly after. Does anyone have any factual answers to these questions? (obviously not someone who's tried it but perhaps someone in the medical profession) oh and possibly how long it would take after cutting before one would pass out/die. I'm not tryin to encourage anything to anyone about it I just wanted some simple facts of what really happens and if its like what my friend sais its really like.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I"m sorry Milkdrops, I don't believe we can honestly answer that question as I think it's too close to discussing methods. I can only say it must be very painful and unpleasant and I hope you don't do it.

love,

least

angel_is_dead

if you hit the artery, it will pour out, in the rythm of your heartbeat more or less, like the way it happens when you cut someones head off. It so messy, it can squirt as far as 10/15 feet.
it is a selfish suicide method, because there is some poor sod whos gotta find you, and another to clean you, and the room, up.
:mellow:

cthulhu

...slow and pain full are not the best words for this, as the brain is deprived of oxigen it becomes disoriented and confused...i am not saying it is a good idea by any meens... DO NOT KILL YOUR SELF!!!...it is a scary thing to have happen, hallusenations are comon and if you fail it can cause permanent brain damge...if you think you have harmed your self to this point i suggest calling an ambulance or maybe telling yuor parents or room mates or whom ever is around...(if i have not helped delete this post and disregared what i have said)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dark_thought

It's extremely painful, although not as painful as over-dosing I think. The arteries attempt to spasm close. It's a messy, and particularly ineffective method. Just as well really because it also happens to be the method I chose 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00