Funeral

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by schniffy, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schniffy

schniffy Member

I was just thinking about who would be at my funeral ?
    And I realized NOBODY. That's sad.
    My son is too young maybe if he would be older he go.
    I have wasted my life.

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Your life may have been bad so far. What's to keep it from being better for the rest of it?

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

A reason for not hurting yourself so you have a funeral.....your son....
    how old is he?

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Whilst you can't change the past, you can work on your present to improve your future.

I also think that when it comes to funerals, especially when we think of our own when we're really down on ourselves, people don't realise how many lives they touch and how many people WOULD actually go. However, having said that, it's quality of the people there and what they mean to you, not the quantity.

If there really is no one that would go, then if you did die you would surely be leaving your son all by himself with no one there, and he would have to go into the care system. He's so far better off with you, someone who loves him, than being left without you.

5. schniffy

schniffy Member

Thanks for reply. He just turned 6 years old.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi schniffy, while you cannot change the past, you can decide what you want for the future. I know it's hard to find something to hold on to..but you can do it :hug:

7. schniffy

schniffy Member

That's what I am trying to do but more and more I am beginning to think my child would be better off without me.
    Everything I do end's in failure.
    All I ever wanted was a family is that too much to ask ?

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If you abandon him then you DO fail. Right now you are there and that's a success. If you always do your best for him, then that's a success. The wonderful little person he is turning into is because of you, he is your success.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your child would never be better off without you. Depression makes us think awful things like that :( In reality... your child needs you as much as you need him.

You are still here and fighting this, definitely not a failure. Have you seen anyone about how you feel? doctor? therapist? :hug:

10. schniffy

schniffy Member

I saw a counselor a couple of time's I cant go back it's too expensive. I need to go back on antidepressant's I was doing much better while I was on them but I stopped taking them because of the cost. I found some samples but they expired 4 years ago. I am gonna start taking them anyway let's see what happens.

11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I wouldn't suggest taking anything out of date because that could add a whole new set of problems to your current set (and you already have too many). What country are you in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.