Funeral

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by swimmergirl, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Should I plan it for myself?

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't intend having one for a looooong time I think it's a good idea to plan your own funeral...
    It's the only way you'll have some chance of getting what you want rather than what everyone else wants.....takes some of the pressure off the relatives as well...
    At least if you've written it down they'll know your wishes....

I personally don't want a funeral and have written it down ....hopefully when my time comes the family will respect my wishes...

3. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

You're still here----good!

I thought about planning one out, but decided it wasn't a big deal. I have instructions about what to do with my body (donate any body tissues that are donatable, cremate), and that any memorial service shouldn't be religious. I have these instructions in basically a living will, so the "what do we do for a funeral" is just one section. There are also instructions on what to do if I can no longer make medical decisions for myself (no tubes!), some will-type stuff, locations of the really important documents, internet forums I frequent and passwords.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Instead of planning your funeral swimmergirl, why not plan on how you can make your life better and beat this depression. :hug:

5. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be able to attend it so it would be a waste of time to plan it.

Funerals are for the living, not the dead.

6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be much of a funeral to plan for me :laugh:. My best wish is that someone will get my organs that truly needs them. Then just a cremation. My family thinks burial(how ever you spell it) is a waste of space. Basically all of my family will be willfully cremated. So in a 100 years time, someone might be carrying around 7 odd urns!

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't want a funeral.. No one would come anyhow..I just want to be cremated and taken 30 miles out in the ocean and dumped overboard..

8. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

... well its okie to plan funarals... but yesh as long as you dont need it in quite a long time
    and for me near a pile of trash would just fine
    better if im under that pile of trash

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It's up to you,
    but I'd do it. My potential funeral angers me, it angers me so much that's why I don't kill myself, my feelings are so intense about it. If I could, I'd make sure everything went my way, but that wouldn't happen. I can only let my wishes about certain things be known, when I'm alive- that is all. And that's very important for me. People die at any time. And I'm all too aware I could die at any time, though I doubt I'll kill myself after the last two years and what has happened within me. Life is fragile and accidents can happen.

How do you feel about funerals yourself? I remember wanting to plan one when I was going to kill myself a few months back. What would planning it give you?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.