Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hoasis, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoasis

Hoasis Well-Known Member

For those of you who are seriously thinking about suicide, do you ever think about what your funeral is ever going to be like? I mean, its kind of pathetic, but I think about it a lot. This because I dont have any friends, and not a lot of people will show up its kind of emberrassing to think about...even though it doesnt matter when I am dead you think about this, and does it emberass you if you know its going to be few there?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Imagine your family donates your body to medical research and doesn't even do a funeral? That would be bad.
  3. sunbird

sunbird Member

Yes I have thought about it. I actually considered doing the donation thing,b/c on one hand I just dont want anyone else to have control of what happens to me afterwards,and I figure maybe some good can come from me in death if not in life.Ive researched it,but I cant find out whether or not they would take a body from suicide.

On the other hand,Ive thought about trying to write down plans for it,like making it a special day for myself(even if Im not technically there).Since I never went to prom,wont ever have a wedding...might be nice to have a nice funeral.

In your case,if it embarasses you,you can request not to have it,or who knows?Maybe more ppl would show up than you think.As you say,you would probably never know,so thats always good.
  4. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

i think about it. i feel bad that my family will have to plan it.
  5. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I do think about it. I really don't think there will be many in attendance. I don't really have any friends. I don't think many of my family care much about me anyway- the ones I see- I only see them at a family funeral or wedding.
  6. metric

metric New Member

I have thought about what might happen after my death. I have specifically said to my friends that I don't want a funeral. I would rather they did something joyful. A few have said they'd want to do something in honour of me. I've said that they should do something like go to my favourite restaurant or city.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.