Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by IV2010, May 25, 2010.

1. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I've just seen a thread on another forum that said there were all these caring people at the funeral of someone who suicided and if the victim had known all these people loved them they would've thought twice about taking their lives....

I suffer with depression....I've lost my son to suicide.... some of my children don't bother about me....friends have all flown the coop...
    I've been to a few funerals in my life and will not be having one myself...
    people come out of the woodwork saying how much they loved the
    deceased and how they will miss them. etc......

where were they when they were alive ?....why don't they tell them while they're still here ...when they need to hear it...when they think no one loves them?
    I do not want any of the people who do not bother to visit, pick up the phone, write me a letter, send a text even to be at my funeral......
    I need them now so I don't have to leave this world feeling alone and abandoned...

I really hate that everyone turns up at a funeral "to pay their respects"..
    they should be paying their respects to the person when they are still alive ..then maybe that person would know how much they were loved and maybe would've thought twice about taking their life (because they felt so alone...)

I have buried my mother, father and now my son so I know what I'm talking about here...
    I now hate funerals for the simple reason that if people can't bother about you when you're alive why put on a big act after you're gone?..
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

well said.
  3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Where are these so-called 'friends' now, when I need them? Although I actually want them all to come to my funeral so they can feel guilty that they should have been there for me instead of just leaving me to deal with my problems alone.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well said, I completely agree why should people bother showing up if they do not spend time with the person? I know that if I had half... no a quarter of the support that people show at a funeral, I would be happier.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Too true!! But I dont necessarily believe it would change too much for those that chose suicide. When a person feels that strongly not too many words are going to change the stronghold that the thoughts and urges hold over them. If the feelings of love and belonging werent there all along, then a few well placed words when someone is at the end of their rope isnt going to matter. For those that show up at funerals and profess how much they loved the person and cant understand why they did what they did, it's to help ease their guilt and to make them look good in others eyes. Pitiful really.

Hun I'm sorry for the pain you are suffering. Please know that you do have friends here that truly do care. :arms:.

Most of the people in my life have been or are just fake with their words and actions and use me to their advantages. So why would it be any different at my funeral? I plan on having a good old fashion 3 day wake. Party on assholes!!!!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I know for me if my friends were there and my 2 children came back to me (and they don't even have to apologize) I wouldn't be so damn suicidal....
    I can't do this alone....

*hugs* to you too C....
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

People are just selfish, do what they have to do for them to survive. They can't help it, it's instincts.
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I know people are selfish but you don't raise you're own children to be like that......what happens to them???
    today family values seem to have gone..
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes tragedy pulls a family apart then in time they heal and come back to each other it will take time for all to heal i guess for them to see past their pain and see the pain of others. I agree i don't think funeral are helpful at all it only brings anger in me because i see too if they were there to start with the person may not have died alone. I don't know sometimes love is still not enough to heal all the sadness and pain inside it is hard