Funny people...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I hate those kinds of people who feel like they have to make a joke out of everything! Who have to be happy about absolutely everything, rain or shine! You know, the type who are made of sunshine. I mean, I'm already depressed enough as it is without them making me feel worse, thinking they're funny when they're not...trying to be everyone's best friend! I mean yeah, fair enough, it's nice to be able to smile, laugh and cheer others up etc, but some people overdo it do death! They can never be serious! And it really boils my blood! Cause they don't have the slightest clue! I suppose some of this is envy too, wishing I could be more relaxed and "jokey jokey" like they are...I'd just give anything to be able to trade places, and let them find out first hand that life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I'm one of those people...:unsure: I'm depressed and all, but I don't want people knowing that, so I laugh, and make jokes to make everyone think I'm fine..:unsure:
  3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Jessus covered what I was going to say

Sometimes these people actually reside in dark pits and either won't come to terms or try to deal with it by putting on a mask that reflects otherwise

But if that isn't the case and they have no explanation, then yeah they can be annoying
  4. Labrynth

Labrynth Active Member

Yeah I tend to make a lot of jokes and laugh and smile a lot so people will think I'm happy go lucky and fine. I dont want people knowing I feel so low that I want to die at times.
  5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I find life absurd- and I'm not connected to things when I'm ungrounded, so sometimes everything looks too funny and I can't stop laughing.

Who said 'life is a tragedy for those who feel but a comedy for those who think?' I do both. I alternate between crying and laughing at this present situation I'm in. Sometimes shrugging everything off and laughing is a defense from feeling things too deeply because I'm scared.

But my feelings always creep up on me eventually .
  6. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Yeah, those pseudo-funny, teeth-showing, sunshine-eating folk that run around flailing their arms like laughing hyenas? *scoffs*

Well, laughing hyenas don't flail their arms, but I bet they'd look like Richard Simmons if they did. ^.^

I understand. I hate those people too.
  7. SAVE_ME

Yeah, I mean I have nothing against anyone who does it to mask an awkward situation, but I'm talking about the Jim Carrey type of person, who has to make a complete goof of themselves to be able to function in everyday life. TBH I find it childish and immature. These people also tend to be the class clowns in school. Yeah, I like to have a laugh too sometimes, and maybe they do use it as a way of hiding their own angst, but those people who do it for no apparent reason, that's what infuriates me.

BTW, no offence to anyone here :tongue:, I'm just saying this cause there's a guy I know elsewhere, and he's always trying to be the funny guy. It's like he doesn't have an 'off' button, and he never has a serious conversation with anyone. Sometimes I don't mind, but then there are days where I could really do without it, and it really ticks me off. My brother's one of these people too. I often feel like I need to confide in him, but I can't seem to do that when he's acting like a complete goofball.
  8. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

I recognise the problem Sean, these people are very frustrating. Some of these people are untouchable in terms of seriousness, there is no way to get a grip on them.
    I'm sure you've seen The Fast Show, but the office clown came to mind when I read this anyway, so I just had to post the link :laugh:
  9. SAVE_ME

LMAO!! :laugh: ^^That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the link the_nihilist_reason.
  10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

happy people piss me off.
  11. NoOneKnows

NoOneKnows Member

I am so depressed i don't even want to see a happy person. Its like a slap in the face to me.Like " Ha ha I'm happy and you;ll never be" If people want to be happy fine thats their right, but get out of my face with it. That's just how i feel.
  12. Dying embers

Dying embers Well-Known Member

Lol I hate seeing happy people too sometimes. I feel like everyone's keeping a big secret from me and won't let me in on it!
  13. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

There is so many reasons and ways to be humorous. I hate the ones when someone die and people make jokes about it. Once we laughed at funeral because it was too horrible situation to be there. But that was so wrong for everyone. I often deny things to come in my head when I change it humour. It is awfull way to try handle difficold things
  14. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm probably one of those types of people. Humor helps me cope.

In fact, there's a quote I like, don't know where it's from though:

"Humor is a defence against the universe".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.