Funny Story

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Inspire&Inquire, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I was working at a department store, and I had been taking meds for Schizoaffective disorder that cost more than I was making, and I really didn't have any options. So I got my method together, and the plan was when I ran out of money I was going to the hospital and donate my organs. So I break up with my girlfriend, and she tells like everyone about it, and one day I make a joke about how annoying the music was and I guess I kind of made a suicidal gesture which became a big deal.

So I was in a situation where people were treating me like a child and I found a good way to defuse it.

I went up to the same guy I made that joke with, and I said. "Hey man, I'm feeling really depressed, can I have 20 dollars?"

Everytime I met the guy I'd make that joke. "There's no telling what I will do to myself if I don't get that $20"

"You know Andrew Jackson is a personal hero of mine, I'd just love to have his face in my pocket right now, I'm going through a rough time."

Pretty soon they stopped talking to me like a baby or being concerned and all that bullsh*t.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi wcoltd1988, Thank you for your message. I've often heard people who are suffering tell me that they feel like they are treated like a child because of their condition. The most common sources of this treatment from what I've heard, come from family members, friends, doctors and health professionals. It's an intriguing group I mentioned there because often they are the people who care about us most. Yes, sometimes their tone can appear feigned and in some instances belittling, but usually the feelings they are trying to convey are those of care and kindness.

I like your comment about Andrew Jackson and while I'm in Australia, I know a little information about him. That was a sharp witted comment in my opinion and such banter is great for everybody, but as long as it's at nobody's expense. I guess it diffused the situation for you but I wonder if speaking with people directly about the way they're speaking to you may be more effective. What do you think?

Take care of yourself and I hope that you have a great day and night. Husky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.