Funny thing about domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you call the domestic violence hotline in the US. They can’t help you if you are a man. Call the domestic violence hotline for men and the number is now a business solitation number.
So if your male and being abused It’s TFS.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Urgh... That's awful, I know it's a real issue and it shouldn't be like this at all. I'm sorry, Lost. If it helps, there is always someone to listen here on SF. *console

Well here’s another fun little update.
If someone calls from out of state on your behalf to the local PD. They don’t want to here it.
So if your in US and someone is concerned about your well being they better hurry up get to where your at before anyone can help.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
There are places in the US to call for men affected by DV. While not as prevalent as male-initiated violence, people understand this is happening. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Which hotline were you calling? (I can flip through the resources I've got to find you a place to call if you like)

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Hey, I don’t know that this helps, but to be totally & completely honest, I can’t think of one person (guy) I have known we’ll enough throughout life—to be able to make a “best guess,” (as to what they’d do . . . in this scenario), who’d be willing & able to report their significant others to the police. And that is a fact. It could be wrong; but it is how I see it... & I can tell you that for me, she’d probably have to just leave me unconscious or comatose, or worse (if there is such a thing); in order for me to even begin consider ing turning her in! And then of course: the point would probably be mute 🤐 but I guess I am just old fashioned— sorry for your situation &/or set of circumstances, it is incredibly unfortunate and no surprise to me at all that you have been treated this way. Take care & good luck!

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are going through this. You don't have to go through this completely alone, SF is here to help you emotionally, I am saddened to hear there is such a lack of resources, that is unfortunate. And in 2020 its ridiculous.

Please try and keep yourself safe and distracted. Distracted with anything, be it mindfulness, hobbies etc.. keep reaching out in real life too, hopefully you can find something/someone who can help your situation and give you a glimmer of hope. *hug

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are going through this. You don't have to go through this completely alone, SF is here to help you emotionally, I am saddened to hear there is such a lack of resources, that is unfortunate. And in 2020 its ridiculous.

Please try and keep yourself safe and distracted. Distracted with anything, be it mindfulness, hobbies etc.. keep reaching out in real life too, hopefully you can find something/someone who can help your situation and give you a glimmer of hope. *hug
Some good news
I reconnected with an old friend who is a big help and my family that I was forced to not have contact with are helping.
This time it’s for good and I’m in a good place mentally and emotionally. I’ve got some support this time. So i know it’s gonna be all right.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Some good news
I reconnected with an old friend who is a big help and my family that I was forced to not have contact with are helping.
This time it’s for good and I’m in a good place mentally and emotionally. I’ve got some support this time. So i know it’s gonna be all right.
Glad to hear it, @Lost and alone 1968 ..

My mother was incredibly abusive to my doormat (albeit financially successful) dad. The abuse was primarily mental/emotional, but she did hit him on a few rare occasions, and at her peak/nadir, threatened him with a butcher knife. So I can empathize.

Yes, men account for the vast, vast majority of domestic violence incidents, but women are often guilty of it as well.

Hell, the last woman I dated somewhat long term was pretty abusive and manipulative herself...not physically, although I suspect if I hadn't cut off the relationship when I did, it might have come to that.

Anyway, glad you are getting some support and doing better..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00