Furstration about meds.

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by delerious, Sep 12, 2008.

1. delerious

delerious Active Member

Well at the end of last year i was on sertraline for a few months, but they did nothing so i stopped taking them. and sinse then i've had to see a new psychiatrist because of moving and things..but he hasn't mentioned medication and when i asked he said he won't be putting me on anything. what does that mean? i don't understand because he never tells me anything.. my last psychologist said she was considering antipsychotics. i'm just frustrated because nothing is getting better and i don't know what he's is planning to do to make me better.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Maybe he thinks you just need therapy? A lot of psychiatrists are reluctant about prescribing medication unless it is clearly needed, for the simple reason that those drugs can and do get abused. I literally have to beg my doctor for medicine and I refuse to shut up until i get them, If it boils down to that, explain how much you feel you need to be on medication. They cant read your mind sweetie they can only give you a label by what you tell them, and they aren't always right. I wish you the best of luck :hug:

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

"he never tells me anything"

Don't tolerate that or settle for some uncommunicative asshat who has an M.D. after his name. This is YOUR time with him.

You never described your problem to us. There is nothing for me to go on therefore.

If your last doctor suggested antipsychotics, that suggests to me tells me a little but you're not sufficiently forthcoming in your post to receive substantial feedback.

-JOHN-

4. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

My dad has not being doing good lately. The meds that he is on makes him unstable emotionally. he gets very angree and jsut sits down stairs in the dark and does not want to talk to anyone.

It makes me want to cry.

5. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Sertraline doesnt really do anything, atleast from what I think. But people say it makes you appear happier or whatever.