Future tehnology

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Regenesis, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

First,I want to say that I posted this here because I couldn't find a suitable location,and since I was here the longest,I thought that this is the best place.I know it does not inflict suicide,but I want to see if other share my feelings about this.

I have downloaded and watched a few documentaries about how the humanity will change in the future.Things like space cities,matrix type computers,increasing life lenght and other stuff like that are not imposible.The scientists are confident that this century they will create the first scentient machine.The fact is that in the next hundreads of years,the worl will change in ways we can't even imagine.maybe they will live in space,and going to mars for hollidays is like goung to another country now.
    Or that we will improove our bodies with mechanical or biological induced stuff.Or just that we will be able to play games like in a matrix world.As the MAtrix movies.I have also seen that scientists managed to improve the life lenght on a specie of worms that have some genes as ours.And that is what they modifies.Teoreticly,humans might live 500 years.
    Sometimes when I stay and think about it,I realize that we are still very primitive,and the world will change in amazing ways.The next generations will have much easier lifes and will enjoy so much cool tehnology.
    I sometimes feel sad that I can't live to see the evolution of tehnology,or at least to have been born in a time were the tehnology will be much more advanced.
    As the centuries will pass,we will be seen more and more primitive...
  2. tendenCs_89

tendenCs_89 Well-Known Member

yeah i know what you mean, i wish i could see the future as well,
    but i think this period of time will be looked back on as when the future began in a way, which is pretty cool living during this time. Things like computers, and internet and modern technology in general have only come to be in the last 20 years or so, and its moving so fast, that in our lifetime we will see amazing things i believe. of course things will get better and better and more advanced but if you look back to how people were living even 100 or 200 years ago, its amazing how far we came so even though id love to see what happens, im looking forward to what will happen within the next 50 years or so :)
  3. hellwithhugewounds

hellwithhugewounds Well-Known Member

Well, the scientist predictions get it wrong all the time. We could have amazing tech in the future like they said... Or we could have a nuclear apocalypse and end up back in the tribal ages, or go extinct entirely. I can't be as optimistic as you, and I can't say with any certainty if things will be better in the future. But consider this.

A tech expert on NPR said during an interview that "reliable and cost-effective electric cars are 10 years away, and have been 10 years away for 30 years." Just shows how predictions of new tech can stall.
  4. Society will destroy itself before any of these awesome scientific advancements ever fully exist and implemented. The greatest flaw within the world, is with people themselves. The only thing which science will never be able to fix, is people. The world is doomed.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sometimes I wish I could live 200 years so that I can see how the future will be.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

We are by no means primitive. We built all this! And, throughout a HUNDRED THOUSAND years of technology WE have been the driving force. Do you think that's going to change all of a sudden? Are we suddenly going to be pushed to the back burner by our creations?

It's logically impossible to plan for the unknown. There is no way to determine whether it's even POSSIBLE to produce such a machine. If it is possible, there is no possible CONCEPTION of how it would be done. These so-called "scientists" who say that are spouting nonsense.

Body parts won't be replaceable any time soon. Try as they might, biomedical researchers will not be outdoing the human body. It is a finely tuned machine, with a level of complexity you can hardly comprehend. I'm currently learning about it, wanting to replace body parts with mechanical parts in my career - but it'll only happen in extreme cases. I truly believe that the best we can artificially accomplish will be more-or-less equal to what we have - and it'll take 500 years to even get that.
  7. tendenCs_89

tendenCs_89 Well-Known Member

true true, it is a possibility. But if you think that from the years 500 BC and 0 AD not much happened in the way people lived and how soceity was formed. Compare that to 1509 and 2009, where so much change has happened. Even from 1909 and 2009 MASSIVE changes have taken place compared to previous centuries. If we keep going at this rate, technology will develop itself extremely quickly. Also theres so much research and technology production going on, things must develop quickly.
    A nuclear apocalypse is possible but i doubt it will get to that level, and extinction wont happen for a long time in my opinion.
  8. Regenesis

I know their predictions are wrong.But unless a buclear apocakipse will come,thise tehnology could be invented.Even if it will take longer then they said.And I only gave a time on AI and those cars.Not on life lenght,space ciies or anything like that.As imposible as some tehnologies may appear,they are also posible.All this was considered imposible in the past.
  9. Regenesis

I never said that we will start changing our body tomorow.I just said in the future,as the tehnology will advance.Anyway,I think it will be much faster.Lets take a robot hand.They exist today.But are really nasty.Or artificiall hearts.How long will take theme perfect these?
    I meant primitive tehnology compared to what tehnology it could be.I thought that was obvious.
    I know that it sounds a litle stupid to talk about this tehnology as primitive compared to a tehnology that doesnt exist,but future tehnology will be amazing.
    Even if peoples will self destroy before they will biologically modifiy their bodies or live is space,new stuff that will make life better and easier will still appear.A man once said that at every 20 years,the advance in tehnology doubles.This has been confirmed so far.In 2010 the twhnology will be doubles,and in 2080 will be four times as advanced as in 2040.
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I am just cuious if Nostridomus's prediction that the world will end in 2012. So far his track record on predictions has been pretty much right on.
  11. Regenesis

Mostradamus didn't knew shit.

I have read about his predictions,and all of them can be interpreted.He was good,but I think he was a scum-bag.For example,the priests say the worl will end when that asteroid will hit earth(although the chance of this hapening is 1 of 5000).And they quote something from the bible like that god in his fury hit the earth with his punch and disasters were upon earth.Which can have a milion meenings.
  12. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

didn't know* shit.
  13. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Few things:

1. Humanity will never die, we are here to stay forever
    and if we will destroy this planed then we will live in space
    but we will survive 120%!

2. No matter at what era you were born you will always want the feature
    if you were born in the Medieval era you would of want to live in the
    industrial era, if you were born in the industrial era you would of want
    to live in the computers era, if you born in the computer era
    you would of want to born in the space era.. and such and such.. its never ending thing.

3. Not sure about you guys but i believe in rebirth of the soul.. so we are ethernal
  14. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

That 2012 stuff cracks me up every time I hear it.
  15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:laugh:Same here!
  16. Regenesis

If I am not mistaken,the world should have been destroyed in 2000.I remeber all those priests calling to prepare ourselfes :blink:
  17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:eek:hmy: Now that you mention it...I remember that:laugh:

Fucking crazy world :loopy:
  18. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

WOW You guys and gals are rude today!!! I thought every individual was aloud to have there own beleifs!!!SO sorry my mistake. I guess I ASSumed wrong!!!
  19. Nocturnal Ponderer

Nocturnal Ponderer Well-Known Member

Don't get caught up in that Nostradumus crap. I heard, back in 1993, that he had predicted the world to end in 1999. Being only 14 years old in 1993 I tended to believe it and lived in fear for so long. Obsessional fear. Of course, 1999 came and passed.

Then there was the Millenium bug, which was supposed to destroy us all on the first second of the year 2000. That came and passed.

Then there were those stupid bible code things which, claims one man from America, held prophecies of nuclear armageddon, for the year 2006. That year came and passed.

So don't worry about Nostradamus's 2012 prediction. As I said, it was originally for 1999, and it never happened.

Anyway, even if it does, there is bugger all you can do, and burning alive only takes thirty seconds, which, would be over quite quickly. So don't worry about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.