FW: God's Plan

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by FoundAndLost1, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _____________________________________________________________

Subject: Fw: God's Plan
    Date: March 5, 2008

Recently, someone sent me an article, written in 2007 by Susan Macallen, about Muslims having, in the last few years, overrun Denmark (Google Key Words), using up a great amount of the country's resources, and most notably, about their unwillingness to integrate into the "indigenous" population. It was proposed that this could happen here as well. So, I reflected on it, and wrote back:

Dear Friend,

Well... I've been giving what you took the time to send me some further thought. This coming invasion of the Muslim hoards must really be keeping you up at night! 'Guess I wasn't taking you seriously enough - my deepest apologies...

Still, I can't help but suppose that the Native People who had previously inhabited North America for, oh, at least a mere 10,000 years (though God knows what heathen name THEY called it!) must have thought of us in a similar way. Why, we came and took their land (well, from those that didn't die of foreign diseases we'd introduced), then their communities, families, and children (sending them off to reservations, and to residential schools), then their religion (forcing them into ours), their languages, and culture... All in all, their "sacred" way of life (Yeah right - as if, eh?). Unfortunately, they didn't have The Internet to warn others, and of course their "primitive" use of smoke and/or drum signals just wouldn't have been nearly enough...

And yeah, at first, it must have seemed as if they could handle "just a few of us" (Live and let live, right?). Nor did they have, let alone enforce any effective Immigration Policies then. And besides, what does it really matter that they were actually able to live relatively sustainably and in harmony with their environment in all that time - just because we can't (and that we've only been here in the new world for but a few hundred years. But I digress. Forgive me). Surely, it was, after all, only a very small price to pay (insignificant really), all in the name of Progress! Que sera, sera, right?

Well, most of us have heard the saying, "What goes around, comes around", or for the Biblically inclined (I know they're out there), "As ye sow, so shall ye reap". Surely this coming invasion is indeed inevitable (and maybe it's not that ironic).

They say we can indeed learn a lot from History. But isn't it funny then, that it just keeps repeating itself over and over and over again? Maybe it's just "our turn" in the great scheme of things. And anyway, we can feel some inner peace knowing that according to God's plan, everything happens for a reason. But I guess we'd all better just brace ourselves nevertheless...

In any case, thanks for the head's up.

Your Sincerely Grateful Pal

At a loss for words? Find them by playing Seekadoo! Play now!
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.