Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I hate feeling ill. Fucking flu can fuck off. I can deal with the aching, i can deal with feeling dizzy, i can deal with almost any aspect of it due to the fact that ive got Hep C and feeling like shit is a regular occurance but the one thing i cant stand is the pain in my neck and at the back of my throat.

My neck feels like its being squeezed out of existance every time i move my head and my throat is the worst, it feels like ive swallowed 150 grade rough aluminium oxide sandpaper.
  2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

There is an analgesic throat spray here in the States called Chloraseptic. It comes in generic pharmacy brand versions too. It does a terrific job of numbing a sore throat- especially when you can't stop aggravating the pain with coughing.

There are three general rules of thumb to follow when you have a cold or the flu in order to shorten it's duration. Drink extra fluids, avoid sugars (it is immunosuppressive) and eat extra protein. The protein increases your body's production of T-killer immune cells that fight your infection.

Good luck!!!
  3. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

I have the tailend of a flu also <3 fuck, I empathize
    I think I've probably overdosed on advil because the aching and the chills are unbearable

I think I've killed a forest of tissue-trees lol
    and eaten 10x my weight in throat/cough drops

you'll make it! next year I'm getting the flu shot xP
  4. Kaos General

No matter what i try im fucked because i have hep c my immune system is pretty much non existant
  5. Kaos General

and now ive turned yellow and have jaundice, good times
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:( Hope you feel better soon!!!
  7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Wayne i hope you feel better really soon :hug:

Take care of yourself.
  8. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Awee man, that's brutal!

Hope It goes away shortly ♥
    Keep strong, Wayne bear♥
  9. Kaos General

Ill survive, its like in a nuclear winter when only cockroaches are left, so will i