• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Gabapentin ( Neurontin )

P

ProzacDeathWish

Has anyone taken Gabapentin ? ( generic form of Neurontin ). It's an anti-convulsant that my Dr. has prescribed for my anxiety. I just started on it today. I take three 100mg pills through the day. Thanks.

M

MrDepressed

I was on this for awhile.. it really didnt effect me negatively or postively that I can say for sure.. I was on the same dose as you.. I hope that it helps you.

~Nobody~

I may be way off here but I'm pretty sure my grandad was prescribed this to try to stop him having seizures... ?

EDIT:

Okay, I just looked it up and it seems likely I'm right. Apparently it makes him very drowsy, particularly when combined with alcohol.

How he would have a clue what it's like without alcohol I haven't the faintest idea! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

sadsong

Staff Alumni
This drug is used as a pain killer as well as anti-convulsant. I've known several patients be on it. I also know the dose can go up a lot higher than what your on.

i hope it has the desired affect for you.

M

MrDepressed

yeah the dosage can go up higher.. I was on 600mg at one point but that didnt last long enough to know if it was helping or not.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00