Gabapentin ( Neurontin )

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by ProzacDeathWish, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Has anyone taken Gabapentin ? ( generic form of Neurontin ). It's an anti-convulsant that my Dr. has prescribed for my anxiety. I just started on it today. I take three 100mg pills through the day. Thanks.
  2. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I was on this for awhile.. it really didnt effect me negatively or postively that I can say for sure.. I was on the same dose as you.. I hope that it helps you.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Can also be used for nerve pain. I've known people it helped. Good luck! :hug: If you have any questions try... :)

4. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I may be way off here but I'm pretty sure my grandad was prescribed this to try to stop him having seizures... ?

Okay, I just looked it up and it seems likely I'm right. Apparently it makes him very drowsy, particularly when combined with alcohol.

How he would have a clue what it's like without alcohol I haven't the faintest idea! :laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  5. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

This drug is used as a pain killer as well as anti-convulsant. I've known several patients be on it. I also know the dose can go up a lot higher than what your on.

i hope it has the desired affect for you.
  6. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

yeah the dosage can go up higher.. I was on 600mg at one point but that didnt last long enough to know if it was helping or not.