Gamers : Best Horror Survival Games?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

This is a chance to share your favorite horror games ( or games that freaked you out), from such old games as Nightmare on Elm Street for NES to today's games such Dead Space!

I always wanted to try Fatal Frame but never did, could never find any copies in store :p

Resident Evil 4, in my opinion is the best of the entire franchise and RE5 was a tragedy.
    Hoping the next one will be better.

2. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

does Bioshock count? XD i wouldn't really say its horror, it didn't creep me out, but some classify it as horror survival so yeah...

i really like deadspace, but i still have to finish it...

doom is really cool too... but i don't find that scary either :laugh:

Call of duty's nazi zombi's level scared me when i first played it... alone in the dark on a pretty big screen... :D

3. Prof.Bruttenholm

Technically Horror Survival is a sub-genre, if you look online, most sites post them as Fighting, RPG or Shooter. Bioshock is a shooter :p

Bioshock has some creepy aspects which give it at least an 8 on the scary scale.

Doom was pretty good, even if it was pixelly (not a word), some of those things came out of nowhere :eek:hmy:

I have Silent Hill 2 but I need to sit down and play it, Silent Hill (especially #2) had a gift for creeping me ( and others) out.

4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i watched the movie silent hill, was really great ^^
    i should try the game sometime XD

5. Prof.Bruttenholm

I would try Silent Hill 2, it is probably the best as far as story.
    Silent Hill 4 was okay.

There are a lot of obscure or lesser known titles like Rule of Rose, Amnesia The Dark Descent and Siren

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I kinda consider Gears of War to be a horror survival game in a way... so I will go with that.

7. LessLife

LessLife Member

Dead Space 2 is nice. Good atmosphere. But as an old school gamer myself, I would have to say that the best horror games I have ever played were: "Phantasmagoria" (1+2) and "Harvester - order of the harvest moon".

There are also newer games such as the "Silent Hill series", but the old ones as by far more interesting, challenging, and horror filed. But if you really want to creep yourself out, you can always check out of those NDS pokemon games. Their point of view the world is creepy;)

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I still want to to play left 4 dead and the silent hill games... surprised I haven't.

9. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

The game that actually scared me is SIREN for the ps2 and ps3. My fave survival horror game right now is deadspace 2. Im waiting for the new silent hill: downpour

10. duka

duka Well-Known Member

Alone in the Dark was a very atmospheric game for its time. I mean the original one.

11. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

F.E.A.R was pretty creepy But, Bioshock 1 had some moments where my heart would stop from being scared to death.

12. Raptor_Jesus

Raptor_Jesus Member

You should try Dead Rising 2 if you like zombie games, one of the best games ive played so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.