Gas prices? What do you pay?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Earn, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

I recently read a report about the price of gas around the world.Here is one of them but if i can find the better one ill post it.

And i just wanted to ask everyone what do they pay for gas(petrol i think) where they live?

My opinion is that america needs to loosen its stupidly high diesel emission requirements for private vehicles.Because a small 2 liter diesel engine can get 35+ mpg.There was a BMW 520d that got better gas mileage then a prius recently tested.but BMW can't sell it in america because of the stupid emission laws.

I shall continue my rant later
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Gas around here is about $3.90 a gallon. :dry: But I think I'm lucky because I can fill my car up for about $30, so, I dunno. :dunno:
  3. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

It's equivalent to $8.20/gallon here. It varies from day to day though... some days less, other days more. I wouldn't have any problems paying twice of that for my fuel either for that part. I'd still cruise around just as much with my V12 (yeah, I know I'm terrible).

I agree with the article, we've been spoiled during the past 2 decades, especially during the 80's.

Also, a VW Lupo beats the fuel consumption of a Prius with a lot I've heard. :)
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hmm well petrol here where I live costs around £1.09 per litre, diesel on the otherhand is about £1.18. When I fill up my car (petrol) I put £20 in a time and that gives me about 17 - 18 litres.

I remember when petrol prices were 90p per litre.
  5. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Oh v12 what kind of car do you have Mortem? I would rather drive around a lupo than a prius.there so ugly.

I think that the media is making the gas prices sound worse to just scare everyone.But americans have a love affair with large cars(me being one of them i own a 73 malibu 5.7liter).and i pay $4.00 a gallon which is quite better than $8.20 so whenever i hear family or anyone in a store complain about gas ive been telling to feel lucky that its not over 8 a gallon.

There are plenty of nations that pay more for gas then we do and their economy is pretty good.
  6. Jasonfine27

Jasonfine27 Well-Known Member

I payed $3.95 today. Friggen retarded, if you ask me. Thanks Bush. LoL
  7. I heard that in Saudi Arabia, the gas costs around 60 cents per gallon. Bush ought to open up the US fuel reserves and eliminate purchasing of fuel from the middle east.
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree Amethyst.
  9. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

It's a 1993 Daimler Double Six, but I think it's badged Jaguar Vandenplas in the US, and yes - can't say I find the design of the Prius very appealing either. :smile:

I'd love to own something like a Malibu, or maybe a Gran Torino, myself. But unfortunately the availability of parts isn't as good here as in US. I'm always impressed by people who manage to keep such cars running.
  10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

3.60 here.... The gas prices aren't to bad.

If people stopped using gas like it was water maybe gas prices would be lower.
  11. underthestars

underthestars Active Member

Its crazy. I'm lucky i can fill up my tank for $40 but something does need to be done.
  12. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

The strategic oil reserves are only i tenth of one percent of 1 percent or 0.1% of the world demand for oil.and the dems just put a stop to the filling of the reserve.and right now i think if we were to stop buying oil from the middle east we would have barely any oil and America would basically collapse because we don't produce hardly enough oil and other oil exporting countries would not be able to support our demand.

I believe the only fix we have is open Anwar for drilling,increase ethanol,get rid of strict emission control(the reason gas is more expensive in California and why there is no ethanol gas station is California,or diesel powered cars in America) and increase off shore drilling(china is drilling hundreds of miles of the coast of Florida,hello wake up) Now i love the environment don't get me wrong but the strict environmental control over drilling and our refineries is putting a hamper on our abilities to get independent for the middle east.
  13. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I was gonna say £28 per month but I thought you were talking abour gas as what you cook and heat your house with. I think I pay 2 much on that - I only like in a small flat and never have heating on as dont need it as keeps pretty warm.

PETROL on the other hand - it is £1.11 a litre at the moment and that is the cheapest that is for unleaded, diesal is about £1.23 at the moment. The petrol station nearest to me is £1.16 per litre which is ridiculas, i now only get aprox 65 miles for 10quid!!!
  14. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i live in colorado in the us and i just paid $3.82 a couple days ago for a gallon of unleaded. there are places around me here where they charge $3.95.
  15. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

4.00$ per gallon

in the upper part of Michigan its 3.58$ which isnt horrible

i remmeber when it was 1$
  16. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

it's like 4 something here.
    it's exciting.
  17. danni

danni Chat Buddy

Over here its actually going down a little, I put about 50 buck to fill mine up hopeful it keep going down.
  18. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

Almost 4.30 here.
    I paid 68 bucks at the pump yesterday. :sad:
  19. Raven

Raven Guest

Theirs no easy fix to our current situation, people who want to tap the ANWR lets just play with the numbers for a couple of seconds here,
    So lets take the larger number of around 12 billion barrels of oil. Ok thats how much we think is in the ground. Now comes the really fun part, the problem withe reserves is that you never really can get all of that oil out of the ground. Were going to say we can recover 80% this is a very high number and I would be impressed to see them get about 70% but lest use the big number for now. So thats around 9.6 Billion Barrels that we can remove from the ground to be used.
    So we import around 12 million barrels of oil every day, and the goal would be for us to cease all imports. We would have 2.2 years before we exusted the oil and this is assuming that reservers are at the very top of the charts, the recover would be astonding and that we could pump howerver much we wanted to. The only reason to ever open this up would be to line the pockets of the oil companys not to help me and you.

Stay tuned and I will give a good rant of the fun of the great scame that corn ethonol is,
    Oh ya sorry for all the spelling :)
  20. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

For my diesel engine...

£1.30 a liter x 1.95 = $2.53 a liter.

One Gallon = 4.54 Liters

$2.54 x 4.54 = $11.53

Eleven dollars and fifty three cents.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.