Gay (?), suicidal and alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Hybrid Theory, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Active Member

I want to be in a relationship... with another girl. where I'm from that is not acceptable. my mom is ok with my sexuality, as is my brother and I know my sister would be too if I told her. My dad and uncle are a different story though and its there opinion I value the most. I want to be accepted in my community for who I am and I know I won't be.

Also I fucked up my friendship with my best friend by sleeping with her and now she is hardly talking to me and it hurts me so fucking bad :'(

I want a girlfriend but no girls are interested in me.

I thought I was bi as I have slept with fellas before but since I slept with my friend all I can think about is girls and the thought of sleeping with a fella again repulses me. I am so confused about my sexuality now and I have noone to talk to about it.

Please, any advice would be so much appriciated.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is such a difficult quest to be who we are and I am not sure I have any advice other than to be true to who you are and to do things that represent you in a way you can be proud...that does not mean to conform to what others expect you to be...sexuality provokes so many, often uncomfortable reactions in people, much of which is passed on through culture and misunderstanding...and yes, sometimes, sleeping with a friend can change the relationship...I have learned to think about that before I act, but that is because I have been through what you are going through...hope you can seperate others' difficulty regarding who you are from how you feel about yourself...you deserve to be who you are meant to be with pride and understanding