Geez, so the song really is true then?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Apr 19, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

There is nowhere is get help in this town. I swear.

The place I went to today... what can I say? After explaining everything that this place does (including the rule about not talking about your depression to other people attending... so if you feel like crap you have to keep it in? What do you think I've been doing the last 10 months?), the woman asked me what kind of help I got after my breakdown (Help? What, you mean like people?).

Once the woman realised that I had had no therapy, conselling or (and this seemed like a real shock) hadn't been put in hospital/taken care of by a 'crisis team'* when I had the breakdown, she just had this look of 'oh' on her face, that made it obvious that she couldn't really help me.

So I went to CAB after that... Oh the joys of CAB... Waiting half an hour to be told that if I was male, or bi-polar, I could have all the help I wanted in this area.

It makes me think... this place must be 'Happy Happy Huddersfield' after all :dry:

*What the hell is a 'crisis team'?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

have you tried mind or saneline to find help in your area? Well done for taking that step, that's brilliant.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Not sure if any of these might help you

http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/community/localorgs/orgdirectory.asp?CatCode=S01/03/07

http://depression.meetup.com/336/

http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor_2691.html

Kirklees Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre
    PO Box 230, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 1BD
    Helpline: 01484 450040

Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 1pm - 4pm

The Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling centre is a professional, voluntary organisation run by a team of women workers. The centre offers a range of free and confidential counselling and support services for all women and girls who have ever experienced any form of sexual abuse and/or rape either as a child or an adult.

The Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre is here for all women and girls. They may be of any age, background, religion, sexuality, disability, race, class or social circumstances. Every individual is treated equally and with respect at all times.

We offer . . .

Confidential services

Counselling

Training and information,

Accompanying to other agencies such as GP health centres, solicitors etc

Community outreach work

4. RainbowChaser

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

lol, ok, well i didnt read that far before. but i was trying. sorry it was unhelpful.

6. RainbowChaser

Nah, it wasn't unhelpful, it's nice to know that something I set up might help people, even if it nearly killed me doing it :hug:

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

but that wasn't the point though was it lol

8. XD :laugh: :rofl: