Gender Identity Disorder: Anyone around here have experience with it?

Pretty much like the title says. Does anyone on the forum has any kind of experience with gender confusion or identity issues?

I've been dealing with it for a far back as I can remember. I started experimenting with cross dressing around the age of 7 or 8. From there it's carried into sexual fantasies of wanting to be a female. Although it shouldn't be confused, not every time I day dream about being female is it in a sexual way or arousing way.

All these feelings seem to wax and wane, coming in waves is the best way I can describe it. Some days I'm content in being a male, other days I feel suicidal at the idea I may never be female.

I've never seem a therapist about it but I've been toying with the notion of doing so lately. I'm a recent recovering alcoholic, been sober for a little over two years. Spent about five years drinking. Of course I didn't start out as heavy drinker but I did let it progress to about a liter of vodka a day habit. Eventually ending up with me in the E.R. and subsequently hospitalized. Went with withdrawal and the D.T.s

Now that I am sober I'm really wanting to seek out more help as these gender issues seem to be a constant and reoccurring problem. So much so that it affects my happiness at time. Some days I don't even want to get out of bed...let alone wake up.

I would love to hear anyone else's experience with this; as well as anyone else's thoughts either about GID or about what I'm feeling, concerning my own self identity.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I think getting therapy would be so helpful to you hun. Talk to a psychologist someone that deals with identity issues I myself have not dealt with these issues but other here have
so hope they can help support you hun .

I would look for a sex therapist in your area. They will best be able to handle the issues you are talking about because they have specific training and knowledge above and beyond traditional therapists that I think is relevant for you.

thepainwithin

I wear girl underwear because I like it more than boxers. And because its like a secret that keeps me close to girls.

It's been 2 years since any sexual contact. At times I've questioned if I'm gay, but I'm not. I really really like girls. I've always worn them, since I was really young, I think just moreso lately because I'm not getting any.

I think more than anything I just want to be myself. I would love to leave the house and not care about what's under my jeans. I wish I had a girlfriend, like my ex, that didn't mind it. That's what I really want.

I've always secretly wanted to be a girl. I feel like in today's world they get to have so much more fun. Although maybe it's just because I don't have a lot of fun. I know some girls get annoyed when boys they don't find attractive hit on them, but at least boys will hit on you. I see girls glance at me only to quickly glance away when our eyes meet. I have no idea what you're thinking, but I hope it's "he's cute" and if it is, I would love nothing more than for you to do the guys job and start the conversation. I'm a guy that's too afraid to hit in girls. So I get nothing. But a girl too afraid to hit on guys will still get hit on by guys, ya know?

Sorry if this was a little off topic, I kinda just went from thought to thought.

But I understand what you mean.

As my gay roommate put it, girls rule the world. It's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00