Kiba

I think there are at least a few ppl here who have a different preferred gender then the one assigned them at birth. I personally don't feel like I am my assigned birth gender. In fact I don't feel male nor female. I kinda feel in-between, or something else all together. Hence I prefer to go by an Androgynous name. And hopefully one day will get it legally changed. :)

I find it really confusing when you have different urges that can't be satisfied because you feel so awkward within your own body. For example, sometimes I feel male and wish to walk outside without a shirt on. But I really can't do that, because physically I look female.

I also feel gender is really becoming stereotypical. Tbh I feel both genders aren't really that different. The only differences I see are physical. Both genders experience emotion, both are intelligent. And every person is different anyway.

Anyway, it kinda tends to also affect who I decide to like I think. Or how I think about people. I think more I start looking at people for who they are and not what equipment they have. I guess then I am able to love a lot more people. Even if that love for people gets me into a lot of trouble.

Anyway, just some random thoughts :)

Humanity has spent thousands of years trying to alter the third sex,replace them into either acceptable gender categories.Even today there is such a stigma against giving birth to infants of indeterminate sex.It's as if we are trying to fight the ways in which nature produces the human body.
Maybe just maybe sex changes would not be needed if third sex people were allowed to naturally flourish and openly belong in our societies.
There is nothing wrong with gender reassignment but it could be a heroic response by some individuals to reset the natural balance that has been tinkered with by the prejudice and fear of an influential and effective cabal of medical professionals.
Nature has to restore the balance somehow,fight the perverse action of early infant altering.
The closest thing we have in our shallow society to a truly spiritual living force is a man who chooses to become a woman or a woman who chooses to become a man.
I can only think that the stigma attributed to these brave souls is a form of animosity stemming from the fact that as informed adults are opting in favour of defying a culture that secretly allows infant mutilation for the sake of "normality".
You are natural Swift,it is only the fucked up society which you live in that is making you feel bad about what should be your easy to be self. :)

Kiba

I really don't feel that I HAVE to be a certain gender most times. It's only really with my parents, because in the past they have made me wear more "girl-like" clothes and told me I needed to be more feminine. I truly tho feel as if I am both genders. I've even had people call me male, not knowing weather I was male or female irl. I actually kind of enjoy it. I think it makes people actually think about and get to know a person, before putting a label as female or male. And some days I wake up an forget I'm female bodied tbh. I actually have had tests, and I have more testosterone then most female bodied people, more then estrogen, and that also contributes to some of my differences and prob feeling as though I am Androgynous.

It really shouldn't mater that much. Males and Females aren't that much different from one another. It is what society says are the norms for making one male or female that makes differences between the two. This is just my own opinion however. But I think people should be able to be who they want to be. Weather it be female, male, Androgynous or otherwise. But humans tend to categorize other humans. I think surgeries and other practices should be more widely accepted. And marriages or unions should be more widely accepted and not based on gender. Especially in the USA. People should be able to express who they are and what they like. Not be pushed down by society to "fit in" to it.

Anyway, just my thoughts on that.

Viro

Humanity has spent thousands of years trying to alter the third sex,replace them into either acceptable gender categories.Even today there is such a stigma against giving birth to infants of indeterminate sex.It's as if we are trying to fight the ways in which nature produces the human body.
Maybe just maybe sex changes would not be needed if third sex people were allowed to naturally flourish and openly belong in our societies.
There is nothing wrong with gender reassignment but it could be a heroic response by some individuals to reset the natural balance that has been tinkered with by the prejudice and fear of an influential and effective cabal of medical professionals.
Nature has to restore the balance somehow,fight the perverse action of early infant altering.
The closest thing we have in our shallow society to a truly spiritual living force is a man who chooses to become a woman or a woman who chooses to become a man.
I can only think that the stigma attributed to these brave souls is a form of animosity stemming from the fact that as informed adults are opting in favour of defying a culture that secretly allows infant mutilation for the sake of "normality".
You are natural Swift,it is only the fucked up society which you live in that is making you feel bad about what should be your easy to be self. :)
I think you have some very good points, like the Intersex Roadshow, but I think what Swift is talking about is feelings of being transgendered.

Romancer

there's more than one gender, and tbh...nobody is only male or only female, and that has been known for centuries.
it's good if you are connected to both male and female and even something different. :)

Daphna

Ninja of light
Hey swift. The fact in life is that you are a woman and not a man. In todays world people can go through great lengths to try to change these things, but the facts stay the same regrdless. You will always be a woman. Even if you spend mocho money on all the alterations of becoming the other. I believe it is more benificial for someone to face the facts that they are what they are, and to deal with it. There are many great things about being a woman that you have yet to discover. Being a guy is great for them, but you could never achieve being a man no matter what you do. Instead of fighting it embrace it, and seek out the joys of being a woman instead of surpressing what comes naturally. I used to watch this show on tv and I seen a lot of people go and get the surgery to have the change, but when asked if they are happy they reply no, and you know why? Because no amount of surgery can change the truth. We all have confusion in our lives in one form or another, but somethings are self-explainitory. If you were meant to be a man; you would be. Your not so work with what you got. Blessings..

Romancer

Hey swift. The fact in life is that you are a woman and not a man. In todays world people can go through great lengths to try to change these things, but the facts stay the same regrdless. You will always be a woman. Even if you spend mocho money on all the alterations of becoming the other. I believe it is more benificial for someone to face the facts that they are what they are, and to deal with it. There are many great things about being a woman that you have yet to discover. Being a guy is great for them, but you could never achieve being a man no matter what you do. Instead of fighting it embrace it, and seek out the joys of being a woman instead of surpressing what comes naturally. I used to watch this show on tv and I seen a lot of people go and get the surgery to have the change, but when asked if they are happy they reply no, and you know why? Because no amount of surgery can change the truth. We all have confusion in our lives in one form or another, but somethings are self-explainitory. If you were meant to be a man; you would be. Your not so work with what you got. Blessings..
disagree.

Domo

Daphna, perhaps you should research this topic a bit more as your comment demonstrates a great lack of knowledge.

Daphna

Ninja of light
What is there to research? If we could truly choose to be one or the other then we wouldn't be in this situation at all would we? We would be born the gender we feel we should and ta-da! No problems. But that is not reality. There are two things I refuse to do, and that is to lie to someone, and to kiss their butt into thinking they are right in a belief that is clearly wrong. I know the confusion of gender is real and people struggle with it. But why? Why struggle with something you have absolutely no power over? Because if you did have the power to completely change your sex, then you would be able to alter everything about yourself from one sex to the other being hormones, geitals that actually function as you desire them to do for the natural gender you desire. But no matter how much money or denial you throw at something it never helps you attian what it is you desire.
Now if you were to stop denying the facts and explore the options you are born with, and blessed with. Then you have a better and more likely chance of complete happiness because it is truly what was meant for you. But if you fight something you can never win at, then you are setting yourself up from frustration, and failure. And anyone who claims to be happy after a sex change yet still suffers the way they did before is not telling the truth. Denial is denial, but eventually one day you will have to face the music.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of me. Blessings..

Illusion

Hmmm.. sometimes I feel like I should have been a boy. I look like one, sound like one, and even before I was born people thought I was a boy until I was finally born.

Kiba

I'm not really fighting who I am. I'm not doing any hormone therapy, I'm not doing any alterations. I just feel like I am both genders I also have had even some people mistake me for a male. But I really don't mind. I think it makes me unique. People can't figure me out unless they talk to me. And I like it that way. They actually get to know me, before they start making assumptions.. However I guess a lot of people just make assumptions because I look and act so different. But oh well! :)

It's not about the strictly male or female. Just like sexual orientation. There is no black and white to gender. I just kinda made this topic to share my feeling on my gender expression. I think it makes me interesting. I don't feel I need to change it. Just like I said. Sharing my views. :)

AlopexAngel

Chat Buddy
SF Supporter
Lots of cultures have had more than two genders. For instance, polynesian societies have a third gender where people born with male genetalia (that is totally misspelled but I am too lazy to look it up) assume female gender roles, and other Native American cultures have four; male, female, males with female gender roles, and females with male gender roles. It is only in more recent times that the mainstream cultures have a strict binary system. Many less dominant cultures would be confused at the lack of choice.

Androgyny

To me, gender is a sliding scale. We all exist on this continuum. Some are closer to extreme masculinity, others closer to extreme femininity. Then there's the rest of us who can't feel comfortable on either side because we're forced to choose one role or the other. I reject this way of being. I am who am. I am Androgyny.

Kiba

I agree. I think people are who they are and it don't matter too much what people believe defines male and female. Besides some physical attributes such as genitalia, there is no difference between the two. They are equal in importance and equal in rights. Or should be.

Mortal Moon

What is there to research? If we could truly choose to be one or the other then we wouldn't be in this situation at all would we? We would be born the gender we feel we should and ta-da! No problems. But that is not reality. There are two things I refuse to do, and that is to lie to someone, and to kiss their butt into thinking they are right in a belief that is clearly wrong. I know the confusion of gender is real and people struggle with it. But why? Why struggle with something you have absolutely no power over? Because if you did have the power to completely change your sex, then you would be able to alter everything about yourself from one sex to the other being hormones, geitals that actually function as you desire them to do for the natural gender you desire. But no matter how much money or denial you throw at something it never helps you attian what it is you desire.
Now if you were to stop denying the facts and explore the options you are born with, and blessed with. Then you have a better and more likely chance of complete happiness because it is truly what was meant for you. But if you fight something you can never win at, then you are setting yourself up from frustration, and failure. And anyone who claims to be happy after a sex change yet still suffers the way they did before is not telling the truth. Denial is denial, but eventually one day you will have to face the music.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of me. Blessings..
Please go look up the difference between "gender" and "sex." These words are not interchangeable, but you seem to be using them that way. One's gender does not necessarily match one's biological sex.

And believe you me, human sexuality is FAR more complex than you give it credit for.

loser

Gender dysphoria can cause a lot of suffering and in some cases transformation is the best solution. It is not to be undertaken lightly and there are limitations but for some it works quite well.
But a lot of us have traits of the other sex, a lot of men are quite feminine and a lot of women quite masculine. They may not want to change sex but just be accepted.
The only time problems might arise would be if a man adopted the status of a transgender woman and used it to abuse women.
Generally I see no reason we have to define ourselves rigidly in gender roles.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00