General Anxiety Disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RenoBill, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RenoBill

RenoBill Active Member

Does anyone else on this board suffer from General Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I just started seeing a therapist
    for anxiety and I think depression. The therapist things I just have GAD and doesn't think I'm depressed.
    Well, GAD can get pretty damn depressing. I have days where I feel so down and out and blue that I do
    think about suicide. The anxieties can get really intense and keep you from functioning right. I hope this
    therapy, cognitive based therapy, works. I can't go on feeling this bad a whole lot longer.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi yes i suffer from anxiety which also include depression andi have found therapy has helped a great deal hun Has your therapist discussed taking meds as well for anxiety and depression.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I had a psychotherapist tell me that with anxiety and depression, one rarely exists without the other. It may only be mild but the often go hand in hand. Also if you feel the way you described, that to me sounds like depression and you need to let your therapist know.
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I have GAD and social phobias along with depression and I agree with you, some days I can't function. My mom called it laziness and I started to believe her but my psy told me that it was part of anxiety, when it's really high it prevents you from doing basic things like cleaning, going out, cooking, thinking etc...and when its low then you can do be honest when I get high anxiety I just want to give up and I totally relate...I take meds and that helps thank god otherwise it be worse...GAD drives me nuts sometimes...and it sucks that people around me don't understand's frustrating really...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.