General election

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Kaos General, Apr 29, 2010.

?

Who will you be voting for in the General Election

Poll closed May 9, 2010.
  1. Labour

8.3%
  2. Conservative

8.3%
  3. Liberal Democrats

45.8%
  4. BNP

20.8%
  5. UKIP

4.2%
  6. Green Party

4.2%
  7. English Democrats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Independant Candidates (i.e esther rantzen)

4.2%
  9. Scootish National Party

4.2%
  10. Sinn fein

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Just wondering on who will people be voting for?

2. Kaos General

and why are you voting for that particular party?

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'll be voting for the Lib Dems, as I like their immigration policy (though I have reservations about some of it!) and they seem like the best way forward at the moment - the best of a bad bunch, I suppose you could say...

Why're you voting for the BNP?

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If I were in the UK I'd be voting for the Liberal Democrats because of their desire to repeal the newly passed Digital Economy Act.

5. alloutoftears

alloutoftears Account Closed

the monster raving loony party, are they also called the tories???

;)

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I will also be voting for the Lib Dems, I probably agree with about %15 of what almost every party says in some context or other (other than the BNP, they're just a bunch of racist idiots) but I figure I have to vote for someone.

7. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

UKIP for me.

8. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

David Cameron.

There is no outright winner for me, I don't agree with all of any partys policies, but I believe it is time for change.

David Cameron will stand up for this country in Europe. As Churchill said be with Europe but never be part of it.

9. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

If I were a Brit, I'd vote for the Lib Dems, based on what I've read and seen about them.

10. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

What about as an American because lib dems will reduce our ties with your country, infact Nick Clegg is anti-american and pretty much blames the US for some expensive mistakes our country have made supporting you. We will not defend the free world with you under Lib Dem.

It is very easy for Clegg to gain support, last nights debate showed him up a little for me, he went on with a lot of bullshit and not policy, what we should have but not how we can have it. All this "fairness" rubbish, over and over again. You can't lose standing next to two partys represented by their former governments.

Immigration is a very touchy topic in Britain right now, but an amnesty is probably the worst idea possible for it.

David Cameron on the other hand will stand up for Britain's position in this world. He will stand up for us in Europe and prevent free flowing immigration from it.

I am very Churchillian and that is where Cameron appeals to me the most. The lib dems would weaken us in Europe, Labour would just float and dont give a shit about the problems the EU are causing us.

11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Without wishing to hijack the thread - what problems are the EU causing us?

12. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Three main areas right now.

1. Open immigration
    2. We pay £45m a day to the EU. Some countrys take money from it.
    3. Lisbon treaty means that people in Brussels will soon be telling us what our laws and tax must be.

13. Kaos General

The reason i am voting for BNP is because unless one of these parties actually come up with a immigrastion policy that i agree with i refuse to vote for them. I live in the south east of London and have gotten tired of being afraid to walk down the street. The street where i live is full of gangs selling drugs which the police know about but do nothing about. Im also tired of people getting stabbed and shot in our area on a weekly basis.

Then theres the fact that i just dont trust lab/con/lib due to the MP's expenses. Then there is the fact that the BNP want to re-introduce the death penalty which im in favour of and actually make prison tougher which means it will be seen as a deterrent and not a holiday camp as it is now.

The BNP aint a racist party, they are only viewed as such because they are the only ones who aren't actually afraid to speak out about immigration and tell it how it is.

Truth is i refuse to vote for any of the other parties but on the other hand i dont want to waste my vote so im gonna vote for someone who will never get into power. I might even vote for the green party yet.

14. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

England is the most densely populated country in Europe: link

15. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Im not using my vote...nobody deserves it....this country has already gone to the dogs!!!

16. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

It is part of the modern media / generation to hate politics and politicians, this country is naturally and socially a bunch of whinge bags.

As time goes by we progress, particuarly in equality, as time goes by we grow in opportunity.

The areas in debate are actually slightly petty. We are not sitting here talking about educuation, health care or unemployment.

No government can win, something will go wrong in some area, what is wrong now (recession aside) is minimal and has been for many years.

17. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

The following is quoted from here ..its Griffins response to a question about immigration on the Andrew Marr show. :laugh:

ANDREW MARR:

We live in a world where for all sorts of reasons, not least perhaps climate change, people are on the move all over the world. People are desperate to come to Europe, desperate to come here.

In the end, what do you do? Do you have machine gun posts in the White Cliffs of Dover, do you surround the island by barbed wire? What do you do?

NICK GRIFFIN:

Well I think we need a national debate what do we do about it? If we're going to allow them to come, for a start, I'd say well let's start sticking them in Hampstead in the places where the liberal elite live instead of poor places like Barking and Barnsley and Manchester and see how you people like it. That's the very first thing.

But I think sooner or later we have to say what are we going to do? There is particularly from Africa and parts of Asia, there's an endless flood of people who naturally enough want to come here to soft touch Britain. Are we going to let them and let Britain be destroyed, or do we stop them? You tell me.

18. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

There has been a furore about the expenses scandal here in the UK, but not even a mention of this during the debates.

19. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I also live in the South East of London and a lot of the people I come across who are selling drugs are white and British, especially the harder drugs like heroin, meth and cocaine.
    Do you actually think that the eradication of non indigneous (aka everybody that isn't white) British people in this country is gonna make a damn sight of difference when it comes to gun and knife crime? Gun and knife crime is all to do with poverty, and white people are just as poor as the blacks and the asians around here.
    I think part of the BNPs immigration policy is reasonable - I'd be lying if I said I didn't - but the majority of it is ridiculous. i.e. giving people a pay out to go back home. Ridiculous! The BNP might speak out on immigration but they are also openly racist, or did you miss that little hidden camera stint on the news the other day when they were up in Dagenham and they got caught out?
    And I'm sorry but anybody who votes for them is also a racist or is an uneducated ignoramus.

20. Stray

Stray Account Closed

I'm voting BNP to save England from islamification, and to bring back corporal punishment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.