General questions, I suppose.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Spearmint, Apr 30, 2008.

Do you self injure? And then, how do you self injure?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
  2. No

6 vote(s)
  3. Cutting

35 vote(s)
  4. Burning

13 vote(s)
  5. Hitting

16 vote(s)
  6. Asphyxiation

5 vote(s)
  7. Other

12 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Okay, moderators, delete it if it's not allowed, please.

I just wanted to know some information, trying to see how self injury works with different people, I guess.

Do you self injure?

and then like..
    How do you self injure?

I personally cut and burn.. :dunno:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2008
  2. I do self injure, though I haven't in about a month or so. :unsure:

And usually it's just cutting, but at times, I've tried other ways too (burning, hitting).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  3. SuperBo

SuperBo Well-Known Member

I do self injure and I cut and burn and hitting and sometimes other ways just to feel better
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I guess you could say that I used to self injure, as I haven't really done anything serious anymore since February, I think. But then again, when is something selfharm?

I used to cut and burn mostly.
    Nowadays I only run into walls 'by accident' during sports cos I'm so fanatic and I 'accidentally' bruise my knuckles from time to time. Though often, both really are accidentally, cos I don't really notice pain that much. (I have a high pain limit, if that's the correct word for it :unsure: ).
  5. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Cutting's my main thing, though I also hit things a lot which has led to broken bones in my hands.

I also overdose a lot, and mix drink with pills when it shouldn't be mixed. Starvation and purging are also my forte. I'm not sure if any of this last lot really counts though...
  6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I cut and hit myself.
  7. Amadeo

Amadeo Guest

I used to cut, I'be burned myself a few times, I suppose I still punch myself hard enough to bruise when Im frustrated but I dont go through the same thought process as when I cut.
  8. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I cut still. Tried giving up, never have.
  9. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

when i'm bad i cut, been a month or so since last time but u never know
  10. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

No i don't self harm. I have another vent that isn't dangerous.
  11. Canti

Canti Guest

I Cut and burn, ocasionally hit, clicked other because i have a habbit of like.. seeing how long i can go for without food or water, see how long i can go with cramp in my legs (stupid one) and stuff like that. i dont know if that counts though.

and.. whats Asphyxiation?
  12. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I figured people would wind up asking.

"Asphyxiation is the unconsciousness and ultimately death which happens when the supply of oxygen to your brain is cut off. This can happen in auto-erotic strangulation or other breath-control play; suffocation: the condition of being deprived of oxygen (as by having breathing stopped); 'asphyxiation is sometimes used as a form of torture'"
  13. feel the rain

feel the rain Active Member

i cut and occationally hit
  14. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Cutting or sometimes hitting. I usually cut my wrists and when I hit its something stupid like a wall or my door. Last time I cut was 2 days ago. I usually cut every few days.
  15. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I put three cigarettes out on my arm in a desperate attempt to maybe get some help.

It didn't work. They just committed me and the stupid Doc just gave me another crap SSRI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.