general rant- feel free to ignore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by swallowfall, Jan 20, 2013.

1. swallowfall

swallowfall Active Member

rant 1: people who think being not heterosexual is a choice

i hate it so much when people say that being lgbtiq etc is a choice- why would anyone choose this? we are more at risk of mental illness, we are constantly discriminated against, bullied and hated. there are people- whole organisations and religions- who think that we should die, or even that we don't exist... why would anyone choose that? it pisses me off so much... especially when it comes from my own family, the people i trust the most...

rant 2: the 'professionals' from the camht team

ok, if someone gets to the point where they have secretly attempted suicide and ended up in hospital, surely they would need urgent mental health assistance? it's not like people with mental health issues only need help from 9-5 on weekdays. so why should i present to the emergency ward at 5pm on a friday night, be admitted, spend a night getting almost no sleep across the room from a kid who turned out to have PNEUMONIA, then be told the next day to go home for the weekend and come back at 8am on monday, left alone with my mum for two days to battle with my own head? and then, when monday finally rolled around, what happened? i was seen by two mental health workers who said that i should continue with my therapy as i was. that was it. i was told to keep doing what i was doing. clearly what was happening wasn't enough, since i had just tried to end my own life... the team did not seem to care about me, they didn't help me at all- they just said to keep doing what was obviously not working. when will people learn that suicide is a last resort when suffering becomes so great that there seems to be no other option? telling me that what i'm doing already is enough is a complete lie.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Rant 1.
    although I'm not bisexual/gay/lesbian .. I do understand where you are coming from. People should not be so judgemental. I am an non-judgemental person-you can feel free to PM me anytime shall you need to talk/vent/rant etc..

Rant 2.
    I totally get where you are coming from, I have been victim to these so called mental health workers who know less about mental health than a donkey. Some of them are just plain ridiculous(I know a lot of people having trouble with crisis workers) and very hard to deal with-although I do seem to get the better of them sometimes. I honestly do not know what to advise. Just know I'm listening. :hug:
  3. swallowfall

thanks so much :)
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're so very welcome =)
  5. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

No one will ignore you here.
  6. Wysteria Blue

Wysteria Blue Well-Known Member

Dear Swallowfall...

I'm so very sorry that you have had such hatred against your and bigotry about something that is NOT yours to choose and of which you shouldn't have to explain or be ashamed. I do so hope that your find those safe people to be around to establish a sanctuary of your own with people who do love your for exactly who you are...

In terms of ER's and mental health care workers...most are incredibly ignorant and churlish if not cruel. I have been abused badly in so called safe places and mental wards when needing hospitalizations. Very few techs know what the hell they are doing and can be quite abusive and hostile and without a shred of decency. Others can be quite kind. As to the people on the weekends..they are the bottom of the barrel...I'm sorry you are not getting the care you need and hope you find other ways to plug in and to get what you need.

Best wishes for some peace and real help to assist you in healing..

7. swallowfall

thankyou everyone... it's nice to know that at least a few people care :/