Generalized anxiety disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Studmuffin88jr, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im just wondering if theres anyone else out there that have similar problems and if they want to talk about it.
    I have GAD, caused my problems within my family. My moms an alcoholic and shes abused me for years. Im an 18 male right now.

I used to have a problem with everyday activities. I used to pass out going to school and before i had to take a driving test i had thrown up repeatidly. But after two years of therepy, i have been a little better. Everyday activities are alot easier for me. Now i become anxious whenever my mom is drunk or my parents fight. Also, i get really nervous when i have problems with my girlfriend. I avoid fighting and confrentation bcuz anything to do with fighting sparks me.
    I think alot in black and white terms. If my girlfriend doesnt text or call me back right away, she doesnt like me. If my parents fight, that must mean theyre getting divorced. My anxiety causes me to be clingy and hold on to what i have(friend and relationship wise), bcuz i dont want to lose them, even if i know keeping them hurts me.

Thank you for reading,
    stay blessed.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

AW hun yes anxiety will always stay a bit with us You have done well to get some therapy for you It will take time to get over all that abuse and yelling triggers me terribly and i am old now I am just getting therapy as well a little late but it does help WE tend to catastrophe or really worry about things alot more then others another thing to work on. I hope you continue on with therapy just to teach you how to let go a bit more of that past. I too think in black and white no grey area here. but working on that as well. I hope you can move out of that toxic environment and make a new environment for just YOU okay. Set up boundaries so if your parents visit there will be no alcohol no yelling ect Get a new place a safe place just for you hugs

3. thank you eclipse. i am pretty much the guideling GAD sufferer. i hyperventilate quite often...dizzyness...loss of appetite. but another trigger is girlfriends and breakups. im currently getting over a berakup of my own and it has been really bad, you know im only 18, but we dated for 5 months and i always make the mistake of getting really attached. She suffered from bipolar herself so as you can tell, we fed off each other. and i feared she cheated on me, now theres a picture of her holding another guys hand that is "supposively" her cousin. But i just dont know what to do, im religious, and i pray about it. but its just too overwhelming right now and my mind just goes as fast as light. but idk, thanks for reading

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

:arms::hug::hug: try not to be so hard on you okay just do the best you can take each day and get through it the best you can hugs to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.