Generation Rx

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brighid Moon, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm putting this in two forums, one for posterity, and one for specific address, but I think this is a very important film. I've had twenty years of experience with medications, specifically SSRIs, and have done copious amounts of research on them as well as having taken several varieties of them, myself, for anxiety and depression. I have yet to watch the films, though I plan to today after therapy (anger management! go fig! I wonder why? :rolleyes: ). I have watched the trailer and feel this is very pertinent to these forums:

Generation Rx Trailer

Generation Rx Movie (host 1)

Generation Rx Movie (host 2)

Enjoy.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Ha! So funny yet it offended me as a medical researcher. So slanted ...

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks Brighid, I'll check this out. B, what kind of medical research have you done? You admitted to being a horse veterinarian. Have you done research on Ritalin ? This is not funny!

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Interesting movie... Or... Is the movie made by scientologists? That would be VERY, VERY bad!! They should not spread the word (as scientologists openly claim that psychiatrists made Hitler/that they come from aliens etc.etc.etc.), that would damage the trust to any psychiatric critic.
    others should do.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Bill Kurtis is a highly respescted reporter and producer. He has nothing to do with "scientology". He has produced at least one similar piece on this issue.

6. Little_me

Woho!

7. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

80% of Americans are on some type of prescription and America is also the only industrialized nation that allows tv commercials for prescription drugs. I know someone who had kidney failure from having to take 15 pills a day, and when she went to another country, a doctor reduced it to 9 pills a day and she actually started getting better. I think its great that some light is being shed on this serious issue...

8. Little_me

That is scary kurenai. In Scandinavia we are A LOT more restrictive. Prescribing antidepressants, antipsychotics and especially stimulants like Ritalin to children and adolescents requires a special license in our countries. My psychiatrist had to ask the authorities for permission to prescribe Zoloft for me a year ago... It's not like that in the US, right? When the doc started talking about Zoloft in my case, the first thing I asked was "it's that on the ad right? The flying white balls with faces" (I used to live in the US so I remembered the ad)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.