Genesis of the Nov 4 Miracle

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by coberst, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coberst

coberst Guest

Genesis of the Nov 4 Miracle

If you wish to understand the genesis of the miracle of Nov 4th read or listen to an audio recording of the book “Master of the Senate”. By Robert Caro

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, <mod edit - Robin - If you can't debate in the soap box stay out pls as insults will not be tolerated - thx :)>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  3. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

Robin, please forgive me my forward blunt comments. you are out of line to step down from an administrative position, THEN come and edit comments on the soap box, and NOT address the flamebait that the troll posted. OP is a troll, like that word or not.

this is unacceptable. please take heed. you are in danger of ruining your own forum. the complete and utter unfairness that you demonstrated in THIS and the fred phelps thread is wholly intolerable. again, I'm sorry to be harsh. I feel this needs to be addressed and I have addressed it.

4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

what is your real purpose in this thread? to start a urinating contest?
    I think it is. ok, Koburt. duly noted.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think Robin still has the ability to edit posts, he is the site founder.

6. Robin

Robin Guest

You're welcome to post your discontent in Letters however, althought this is not a free speech forum, so long as they do not attack others they are welcome to their, unpopular opinions if they have them. If he posts as a troll he will be banned as a troll, not before and not because you don't like his ideas.

7. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

um...discontent is not what I was expressing. concern was what I was expressing.
    you said old fred was a pretty good old chummy in chat. well, that's groovy and neato.
    problem is, the only thread he posted is the one about going to hell. and THIS guy, KOBALT is
    looking for a scrap as well. it's not debate material. it's flamebait material. not
    discontent robin. concern over what I perceive as an admin, the landlord in fact :)
    being...uh...biased towrds newcomers who seemingly only want trouble and siding
    against old timers who have had enough of these people. that's all. i am not discontented
    in the least. just to be clear.

fair enough then. nothing personal :smile:

I just think you gave fred and this yutz a little too much benefit of the
    doubt. no problem.

it's your funhouse :biggrin:

was just expressing my opinions, which I will no longer do. be well!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  8. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

yes, the ability and the right of course. I was merely expressing my concern
    that people are being edited for expressing their outrage at these ....I guess
    the T word is not acceptable...these offensive posters. fred and kobalt or
    whatever his silly name is. no problemmo. time for me to vamoose before I wear
    out my welcome anyway. ciao :biggrin:

9. coberst

coberst Guest

In this book you will learn to love and to hate LBJ and also to love and to hate the US Senate. You will also learn why LBJ is essentially the man who made the Nov 4th election of Obama possible.

Amazon.com Review
    Robert Caro's Master of the Senate examines in meticulous detail Lyndon Johnson's career in that body, from his arrival in 1950 (after 12 years in the House of Representatives) until his election as JFK's vice president in 1960. This, the third in a projected four-volume series, studies not only the pragmatic, ruthless, ambitious Johnson, who wielded influence with both consummate skill and "raw, elemental brutality," but also the Senate itself, which Caro describes (pre-1957) as a "cruel joke" and an "impregnable stronghold" against social change. The milestone of Johnson's Senate years was the 1957 Civil Rights Act, whose passage he single-handedly engineered. As important as the bill was--both in and of itself and as a precursor to wider-reaching civil rights legislation--it was only close to Johnson's Southern "anti-civil rights" heart as a means to his dream: the presidency. Caro writes that not only does power corrupt, it "reveals," and that's exactly what this massive, scrupulously researched book does. A model of social, psychological, and political insight, it is not just masterful; it is a masterpiece.

10. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

what exactly is your point? ok, it's a great book. amazon gives it 6 stars.
    LBJ made it possible for Obama to win. anything else? like a point to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.