Gentle...

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by FoundAndLost1, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How to be gentle with the self
    when any solace has up and left
    but the bottle;
    Poisoned mother’s milk
    Yet because the true breast of life
    continues to be unavailable,
    the substitute seems an acceptable sin
    But it’s merely a looking for comfort
    when reborn again, and again,
    into, and resting within
    dark places

FAL1

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

"poisoned mother's milk" in large quantities and frequencies, indeed.:sad: I like this one, as I like all your writings, but I'm wishing you'd give AA a go. There's friendship and support there, as there is here, only it's in person - tho still anonymous. And if the meetings/groups are too big, find a smaller one. There are many meetings in many places, and not all are large groups. Tho perhaps the large groups lend some anonymity just by their size. Keep looking til you find one that suits you. Please give it a try.:smile: It's worth it for your peace of mind, to say nothing of your liver and the rest of your body.:wink:

lots of love,

least

3. God love you dear...

This is my first poem [posted] about alcoholism. I went to my first meeting today and I was scared shitless. *sigh* I still don't know exactly what to think, if/how it will help/how much but I got a wholehearted welcome from the group. They all swear it's the best group to attend. I like mornings for "stuff to do". Things to start the day off right (like the Internet). I'm still very, very scared, but hope I will sleep better tonite. You're a luv. I have a friend pissed off at me right now (a very positive and energetic soul - as well as religious) who doesn't understand what Depression can do to a soul. She says I have a choice (!) - but she's never lived through ANY tragedy yet (not like I WISH it on anyone!). I'm tired ----but I'm going again tomorrow - doing the 24 hour thing like they suggest - and trying (!) to let go of the past - all a moment at a time. The present is hard enough. Thank you Least...

{{FAL1}}

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You don't need to thank me - this has all been done for me in the past, so I'm just paying it back, or forward!:smile: I liked AA when I used to go years ago. The people were fantastic and I could have had a personal 'mentor' from among the members had I needed one. I wish you the best in everything you do!:smile: I have faith in you - have a little faith in yourself too!!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

lots of love, hugs, hope, and understanding,

least

5. :cry:

I don't use ever the emoticons, but it's just how I feel...

FAL1
    (thanks for your support)

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

....I really like this one, to say the least.... :hug:

TDM

7. Thank you (thank you humbly) Deaf one:lost:

(these dern things come in handy after all)

FAL1

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I like it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.