Genuinely curious why suicide is not considered a viable option...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sojourn, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sojourn

Sojourn Member

...Especially for those of us mature enough to understand, naturally, what the decision entails and how it will affect people around, if at all beyond the grieving process. I understand if someone is younger, perhaps getting out of some very recent traumatic events in life, but what about those of us who aren't particularly emotional about it, and have invested alot of thought into potential ramifications (and taken steps to eliminate or minimize the impacts i.e. slowly cutting off ties, withdrawing from social circles, etc? We aren't all emotionally wound up about it, there is some distance and clarity of thought and purpose...why is it such a terrible thing if you are simply going through the motions and not a genuine participant in anything of substance or meaning?

I wonder why we are taught that it's such a terrible sin to choose to die, even if we aren't suffering any great afflictions or dealing with great upheaval and turmoil in life.

2. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

Because people are blithering idiots more concerned about their own little fuzzy 'comfort zone' than actually using their brains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.