genuinely

Discussion in 'The Uncertainty Principle' started by Chaosut, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaosut

Chaosut Guest

Although I don't want to complain about it too much, I think I genuinely hate me, and the world. The whole depression thing is a bit of a bummer, and it sprung up weird thoughts for me (especially when I was younger, I’m now 18). Like the world is full of many beautiful things, but yet it's full of allot of crap things as well (which allot of the time I think outweigh the good). And I can't seem to get a grip with myself, of who I am, or what I want to be like. And yet there are so many boundaries in the world, that most people have learnt to deal with, yet I haven't. I woke up one night a truly hated me, not just one bit, but every single piece of me, an odd feeling. Yet now I feel selfish for crapping on about these things in my life when everybody has their own stuff to deal with. Sorry if none of this made sense, but I just wanted to know if anyone feels the same or just wants to add a comment?

2. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I think I know what you mean hun...Depression really can radically change the way we see the world. I don't think you're selfish at all though, it can be very hard to deal with. Hating yourself so completely is...a terrible feeling. (Understatement). Yes, sometimes it seems like there are far more bad things in the world than good - especially since all the stuff on the news seems to be bad - wars, murders etc - but you just have to trust that there is *enough* good, I suppose...and try to add to the good...Even though you hate yourself right now I'm sure you really are a good person, or you wouldn't be caring about the state of the world...
    I don't really know where I'm going with this. Yes, the world can be a terrible place, but it can be an amazing place too, when you find the good in places where you least expect it :)
    Hang in there hun :hug: I hope you come to see the better things in the world - and in yourself - soon.
    Take care, and if you ever want to talk or anything, I'm here.

Lauren

3. Chaosut

Chaosut Guest

Thanks alot for the help. I feel alot better now :biggrin: .

4. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Glad to hear that :) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.