1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

As some of you (and now a lot more of you) know, I'm doing a German and Philosophy degree. For me, German grammar has always, always been a bit of a sore point, but I love the language and have every desire to conquer it and use it fluently one day.

With all fingers crossed, I'll be hopefully off to Germany next year to teach kids there English for 8/9 months or so - hence, I want to get a fairly decent grasp of the grammar of it - much more so than I am currently.

I have German classes at uni, on a Weds morning for a couple of hours, and a conversation class on Friday for an hour. Not a lot of time, and I feel it always frustrates me that I'm not doing as well as I want to be.

Last night, I wasn't in a good mood, and seriously (not that I ever would) considering packing German in for good. Until that is, this morning. I had a bloody good German lesson today, and I was on the ball with it all. I even understood some grammar ( :stars: and :1st: for me ;) ) .

Seriously though, I feel like I can conquer the arse of grammar, and get the hang of it. Huzzah for the conditional and Konjunktiv II :laugh:

Yee-ha! :horse: < that's me hoping to ride off into the night all triumphant.
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I know you can do it :biggrin:

Get some more confidence in yourself :mad: :tongue:
  3. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) im glad your confidence is building again :D

as with all difficult things you need a certain amount of apptitude (which you obviously have!), and an awful lot of perseverence - the trick is getting past the times when you think "im never going to do this"!

you will get there sweet. persevere and have faith in your abilities. then oneday you can teach me :bleh:

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

i think i can still remember a bit of GSCE German :biggrin: gimmie a yell anytime.
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I used to study German. It was quite easy to me, as it has a lot in common with my language (pronunciation, similar words etc).

The grammar, though... Ouch.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Nothing worth doing is easy...do your best and you have conquered everything...there is no score card in life...so please try to enjoy the ride...big hugs, J
  7. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

Dude. If you got Konjunktiv II you're golden. Konjunktiv I is for suckers. C'mon down and chat!
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

-grins- Will take you up on that offer next time I see you about! :) :hug:
  9. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

im sommer werde ich nach deutschland fahren :)
  10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Wunderbar :D
  11. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

dann wirst Du aber ein boot benötigen wenn du von Großbritannien kommst sonst macht es Blubbbbbb :rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  12. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

Heh, stimmt nicht, dutchman, es gibt auch den Kanaltunnel nach Frankreich!

Wann kommst du nach Deutschland, Anni?? Und wo genau? Juhuuuuu
  13. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

ich weiß nicht wann oder wo genau...
    vielleicht berlin? münchen? hehe ich habe nicht darüber nachgedacht :)
  14. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

ach ja denn gibt es naturlich auch noch, ist auch um einiges billiger :poo: