Get Better???

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoGood, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Can we get better?????

Like all the shit that life throws at us and we cope with it and then it throws even more shit at us..

Do you think we can overcome it all and get better???

Can the sadness go away? Can we fix it or will we need medication???

I just dont know.:mellow:

I dont wanna be sad forever :sad:
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Only the strong will overcome.
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I sure hope I'm strong(sounds kinda odd). If not what a waste of time I've been :dry:. I fucking hope we can get better. But I don't actually remember being different. It's just one day after another of nothingness I guess, I don't know anything from anything is crap at times :(.
  4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

You need to believe you'll get better first, if you can't believe something, how can you expect it to happen? Then you need to help yourself, get out and about, get active. Get some hobbies that don't involve staying in on the pc all day. Get out of the house, flat, home, whatever. After time, you'll become more sociable if you're not already, and you'll start to make friends, and then things will take off from there since you'd have made some fundamental changes to your life. However, you have to want it and believe it. You have to work for it, work at it. Nothing comes easy and there isn't someone who's just going to come and fix everything for you. Especially if you don't try.

Note: This isn't aimed at anyone, it's just what I believe :smile:
  5. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Note I am a pessimist. My answer is No. Heh I think my life is just doomed, filled with really really bad luck.
  6. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think that this is right on the money. Like Wayne said, we can't just sit around waiting to get better because that won't happen. We have to make moves and go out and improve our lives. It could get worse of course, but after that period it would likely get better again. I doubt it would be a continuous cycle of bad and good, eventually it will go one way and stay that way, with minor polarizations occurring from time to time. The most likely way it would go is the 'better' way.

In regards to sadness, there will always be new sadnesses that affect us, but I think the older we get, the better the coping skills become. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, because coping ability varies from person to person. Generally, we can handle more the older we get, and the suffering of a 50 year old may not be as bad as the suffering of a 30 year old, unless the suffering is illness or grief. I am not 100% on this so I would call it my opinion, not fact.

There will also always be memories of a painful past, but if we can disconnect the pain from the memory, then the memory can't hurt us anymore. As it stands, most of us are struggling with the past which is stopping us from getting better. What we have to do is acknowledge that the past is dead, and while it may still be hurting us, it doesn't have to. It still does, but it probably won't forever. Granted, some things happen that are so terrible that you suffer from it for a long time, but you can still alleviate some of that suffering with professional help. I think that grief from a suicide would be one of those things that never truly gets better. Sexual abuse would be another, as it can create other disorders and behavioral problems. These problems get better, but I don't think they ever get fixed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Lol my friends say I'm a pessimist. Because I'm always stating the extremes/practically anything bad that could happen. Guess it's just me :blink:.
  8. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

9. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i always ask myself the same....more than suicidal thought itself.....i think if my life change maybe i can get better...but if i stay like this ill never ever get better...i cant cope with my life niether my IQ level,my failing or my look...i some times pretend that maybe i can get better but i know in my heart ill never get better & thats why i wanna die :'(
  10. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about this again last night. I don't wanna die, but there's no point in living like this for the rest of my life. And I feel I can't change. That's my biggest problem.
  11. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Thats how I feel wanna live but if its gunna be 50+ years of this screw that.
  12. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i am absolutely positive that one can get better if they really want it, but that's just it one has to really want it. i've been working hard at it for years and even though my life is hell right now to say the least the way i'm handling it is so much better than i would of handled it even five years ago. getting better means youre growing. if you don't grow then ya life isn't going to have but misery in store for you because that's all one chooses to see. i hope you all choose growth. there is so much good that comes from it and it feels dang good too. take care
  13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No. No. No. No.
  14. will_1957

will_1957 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people out there who really really wanted to get better but didn't because it really is not that simple and there are a multitude of factors involved in a person's getting better.

I'm also pretty sure that saying "only the strong survive" is a pretty horrible and callous thing to say.

I do believe it's possible and that plenty have gotten better I don't think any amount of self-help guru happy talk is going is going to help any one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.