Get so sick of fighting...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DannyBoy, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

It seems everyday I have to go through routines to keep my mood from bottoming out.

I get so sick of it. If I take a day off and try to just relax, watch tv, I'll becoming horribly depressed. I have to actually do certain things everyday or I'll find myself back in a hole. I'm just getting sick of the constant struggle with it.

I'm already on meds, but I fear I'm just delaying the inevitable.
  2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I agree; keeping depression bearable comes down to tremendous work and discipline. I tend to be very sensitive and nostalgic, missing people or experiences that are gone forever. This leads to depression. If I allow myself to entertain thoughts of self hatred or general cynicism I take a nosedive. If I feel justifiable despair over how OCD and anxiety have paralyzed me and will continue to- even worsening I plummet into another bout of deep depression.

What controls my unbearable lows best is running but that is hard work. I wish it didn't take so much thought restriction, mental and physical discipline just to not be a basket case or suicidal.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh i understand totally sick of the fight i hope you can take some time out and just do somethning nice for you. take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.