Get this crazy shit, turns out my ex is more of a nutjob than I ever thought possible

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

This is going to end up being a relatively long post, so I apologize for that, but I'm still completely freaking baffled by this, and I don't really vent on here that often, but the situation calls for it. Yesterday morning, about 7:30 AM, I get up for like 2 minutes to go to the bathroom and then go back to bed until 9 or so. I didn't touch the freaking laptop whatsoever, I was still way too tired. So, around 9AM, my husband gets out of bed, and so do I. He starts getting ready for work and I get on the computer to check my e-mail. I log in, and the first thing I see is a notice that there's been some "suspicious activity" on my e-mail account and I need to change my password. So, I'm thinking okay...that's pretty weird, something is definitely off here. I change my password, get into my e-mail, and the first thing I see is an e-mail from ex-fiance. My husband is also standing right behind me and looks at me like "wtf, why have you been talking to him?" At that moment, I was like a deer in the headlights. I hadn't talked to him for quite a long time and wasn't planning on starting to. I open his e-mail, and it says "I'm fine, why are you bothering to contact me?" at 8:16AM, which makes it look like I contacted him first. And there's also a copy of an e-mail that supposedly came from my e-mail address saying "how are you?" at 7:42 AM. Now, again, I did not...I repeat DID NOT contact this douchebag in any way, shape, or form. And I'm trying to explain this to my husband, and he doesn't believe me. And then, I started putting 2 and 2 together. I noticed that I got 2 notices from Yahoo on my e-mail about suspicious activity on my account, aside from it also telling me to change my password before I even logged into it. I realized that this motherfucker had to have hacked into my e-mail account, sent the e-mail to himself from my e-mail address, and then went back on his e-mail account and responded to it. And I know that he knew my password because while we were together I had that same password the whole time. I was freaking fuming, and at the same time trying to explain to my husband what was going on. My husband still had doubts pretty much all day, though, until it ended up turning into a huge fight that finally got resolved at the end of the day, but only after I got absolutely hysterical trying to prove to him that I had absolutely nothing to do with that ridiculousness. And in the meantime, I e-mailed my ex for real this time telling him that the next time he tries to hack into my e-mail account, to realize that Yahoo telling me there's been suspicious activity on it pretty much gives the whole thing away. And also, that I not only don't care to contact him, I don't even care to know whether he's still alive or not anymore. And he of course lied his ass off saying he had nothing to do with it and that "maybe I have a virus or something". Yeah, okay, because viruses send random "how are you?" e-mails to your ex-fiance. That's believable. My husband also ended up calling him, and he lied to him too saying the same bullshit. Now, why would my ex-fiance all of a sudden do something like that? To be honest, I have no freaking clue. But I do know that he was extremely jealous when I met my husband, and resentful of the fact that I used him for rides and money to go get dope back when all 3 of us used to get high together. I pretended that I cared to still be his friend because I knew he wanted me back (hell, he still wore the ring I gave him for like 3 months after my husband and I started seeing each other), and quite frankly he deserved every bit of it after everything he did to me with the lies, stealing money from me, and getting high behind my back. And, not to mention, several weeks ago, I got a phone call on my cell from a restricted number who hung up when my husband picked up the phone. So yeah, I know this dickhead would be crazy enough to do something like this just to see if I still wanted to talk to him or not or try to cause a fight between me and my husband. Either that, or he's still on something and it's severely screwing with his head to the point that he doesn't even remember what he did. Boy, I tell you, I'm the one who has like 10 different mental illnesses, and I've never been able to say that someone I used to be with was more of a nutjob than I am, but this takes the cake. I sincerely regret not letting my husband beat the crap out of him when I had the chance.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Re: Get this crazy shit, turns out my ex is more of a nutjob than I ever thought poss

EXES! :rant:
    Either treat you like shit when you're with them and then wonder why you left, or waltz off and then get maudlin a few months down the line and want you back.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Re: Get this crazy shit, turns out my ex is more of a nutjob than I ever thought poss

Yep. Granted I'm the one who left because I kept finding my shit missing all the time, a bunch of drug paraphenalia stashed in empty shampoo bottles, the ceiling, under the mattress, and him coming home high as a kite while swearing up and down he was just tired. But then he started going to Intensive Outpatient care and acting like somewhat of a normal person again, which was all I really wanted, so I tried to make things work again, but he was too busy acting like he didn't give a damn while confusing the crap out of me and telling me he still loved me and wanted to be with me. Terry, he wouldn't even come see me when I was in the hospital with severe abdominal pain and scared about what was wrong with me. I used to go to NA meetings and sit there and cry about everything he was doing to me while my sponsor and other people tried to comfort me and help me not use again because of it. And soon after, that was when I met my husband at one of the meetings. And as soon as he found out about that, all of a sudden he cared again and tried like hell to screw things up between us and get me back, but it was too little too late.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It is actually very possible that your ex received an email like that appearing to come from you. I see that happen often. Your address book can easily be compromised. Obtain from him the full headers of the original message and see where it actually originated from. Chances are, the path is different than yours.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013