Get to know you thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Pad, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I noticed that I don't know enough about anyone on here due to my problems with communicating with people and so I thought it might be a good idea to have this thread as a place to deescribe youself, if you would like? Not sure it would work but maybe it will break the ice.

Maybe I should go first

I'm a 24yo guy from the uk, I love listening to music and most people say I have a weird taste in music because I like to listen to Jethro Tull and the cure =p I also listen to babyshambles and just anything I like the sound of basically. I'm not much into sports although I occasionally listen to QPR on the radio, but thats more out of habit. I hope to go to university this year to study automotive engineering, possibly motorsport as that is another interest of mine. I have an online relationship that may well turn into a rl relationship because she will be moving over here to also go to university (fingers crossed on this one).

I get very nervous in most situations and have been diagnosed with apd, although i believe i dont have it as i can force myself to be around people, like work, even if i feel like fainting. I don't want to get too negative here so i'll stop :biggrin:

If you feel like posting then go ahead, not sure if this will work and if not no biggy I'm used to failure lol

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hey Pad :)
    Good idea. Thanks for sharing. You sound like a cool guy.

I'm Spencer. 19 year old guy from the US (New England). I'd consider myself a very spiritual person. It's where my passion is. I also play music. I've got over 150 songs recorded and they're all on my website http://spencershoop.tk.
    I've been in the psych ward twice. I'm going to therapy right now and living with my Mom in a small apartment.
    SF is my favorite place to be :sf:

Guess that's enough for now :biggrin:

:grouphug:

3. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

Hey I live in Preston :)

I also really like The Cure! I also have an Iron Maiden, Nirvana and Radiohead obsession.

I'm a 28 year old who doesn't do much apart from work in an office and play guitar a lot. Oh and drugs :tongue:

4. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

Hello im Peter.

Soon to be 29, I live in sweden. I used to be in to sport and stuff like that but right now im thin like hell and have to deal with depression and anxiety attacks from time to time. Iv had therapy and I still see her but now as a good friend. I hope to take up taiboxing and get in shape again. I remember I had more confident back then.

Im often described as kind and shy by my friends. I like to joke around allot and have to come around to be more serious at times. I get along with most but have few close friends as I am shy.

I love to travel and hope to be able to do more of it in the future I also like Chinese food a good John Grisham book or a nice movie.

Thats a little about me :)

5. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

My name is Tonie, Im nealry 20 years old, and single mum to my 9 month old daughter.

Im on medication but not in therapy, im a self harmer and well... lonely...

ive lost all my friends from pushing them away and feel the world would be better without me...

x

6. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Good to hear theres people out there with a good taste in music :biggrin: I also try to play guitar although i'm not very good at it, but it is really soothing to have a go

7. Lennie

Lennie Well-Known Member

My names Alex, I'm 21 and I live near Cardiff in Wales, UK. I looooove music, all the way from the cheesy stuff like Vengaboys and Lady GaGa to stuff like Gorillaz and Led Zeppelin. I think that's pretty varied. I also love watching and playing sports, particularly football. I'm also gay, which most people find quite shocking as I don't act gay at all, except at Pulse on a Saturday night :tongue: One girl even mourned my death when I told her I was gay! A little bit premature :unsure:

Nice to meet you Pad, and everyone else :smile:

8. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

i would introduce myself, but am too busy sucking my gut in, blame the young 'uns!

:hiding:

actually, im dave from less-toh! or leicester. im 26. i did music at further education, play guitar and sort of play drums and a bit of piano. have worked loads of jobs, some call centres, some work for charidy, retail, burger king loads of stuff. mainly so I can pay for things like booze. i dont really drink anymore.

im looking for work at the minute and am doing my best to grow up, but its a real struggle, still a lazy student at heart

hey everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  9. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

My name is Beckie, but most people call me Red. I have out of control, curly red hair (hence the nickname 'Red'). I am a high school student, and school is horribly boring. I have two dogs, two fish, and a horse. I ride at least five times a week (except for now, I just broke my arm). I live near Chicago, and I spend as much time there as possible. Overall, I am fairly boring. Since it's so hard to type, because of my arm, I won't go into anymore detail.

10. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

Ello.

I'm Eric, I live in the States, but was born in Canada.

I'm in college right now studying Information Assurance, while working for my dad selling, building, and maintaining computers.

I listen to a lot of different kinds of metal and electronic music. I play paintball and participate in Martial Arts. I'm also very politically inclined, even though I hate politics.

11. Panos

Panos Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm Panos.

I'm 28, from Athens, Greece.
    Twice commited, twice failed.

I love to create music on pc. i like photoshop and pc in generall including online games.

I listen to all kinds of music but ebm and dark electro are my fav.
    I didnt have the chance to finish school cause i had to work for family.
    I have a younger brother which i live with.
    I had a pitbull which i adored and i really miss him much cause some1 killed him with poison.

i recently quit on alcohol and med's i was on my own and try to recover myself.

i think i'm insane.

Nice to meet you.

12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I'm... Well i am Hurted.

Im 17, and i live in Europe.

I'm depressed, and i also suffer from anxiety.

I am self harmer.

I spend my free time infront of computer, books and on piano bench :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.